Grand Prix 2021 Styrian and Austrian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

so here we are back at the Styrian GP, obviously so popular in covid 2020 season they brought it back for 2021. lets hope that the sequel is as fun as the original. after very memorable qualifying in heavy rain that made even the most dedicated F1 fan have the reputation heightened because how they kept it on the track when in the spray. they could barely see where there going. was outstanding

now i know what your thinking isnt this double header, just 2 races at the same track & wont we just 2 identical races. but you'd be wrong. because this week the Stryian GP at Former A1 Ring is taking place & next week its the Austrian GP at new Red Bull Ring.

but this is season is shaping up to be a brilliant one. as we have 2 teams equal. i mentioned post France we might have to go back to 2008 & maybe 2010. the last time i enjoyed a season as much as this. because 2018 was good but i never had faith Ferrari could sustain it over a season this Hamilton v Verstappen battle is fantastic to watch. the mind games, momentum swinging from race to race. pressure is only going to increase as the season increases. & it reminds me Hakkinen & Schumacher going blow for blow weekend after weekend. or Alonso v Schumacher. its a shame that lewis is few years younger as i love this rivalry to go on few more years

this title seems massive for both drivers. because it feels like its worth more than 1 title & might be career defining for both drivers. because Hamilton has 7 titles before & verstappen could win 4+ after hamilton retires. but if you win like beating Federer/Serena at Wimbledon, Phil Taylor at darts, Tiger Woods at the masters, Usain Bolt at Olympics. it always means more. because whoever loses will always have a but at the end of their achievements. you may have won ??? titles but he lost to Hamilton/Verstappen in only year when they were challenged

lets hope this weekend lives up to the rest of the season & if the early forecast takes place then we could be in for a very interesting weekend
temp 1.png

Last edited:
I am waiting for one of Alonso's fiery quotes about Vettel should be retiring if he cant beat Stroll and is getting a reputation fir being a road block

Tomorrow I think Lando should give it a go sending one down the inside of Max if there is a chance he can lead..he is not in the chsmpionship fight but the race is there to be won.

The only issue is whether its the Mclaren that wears the tyres quickly or its just Lando able to have 1 lap speed but not the race pace because last they ended up a minute down at the end

Il_leone - the tyres are what worry me about Lando's chances tomorrow. That being said, he is in a much better position than he was last week - as he's starting on the same tyres as Verstappen - so may not drop away quite as quickly after the start.

What we are seeing this season is just how good Lando is (and by extension how good Sainz is - although that shouldn't be a surprise, as Sainz kept Verstappen honest at Toro Rosso)

that national anthem was different, very out of place, it was like a 70yr granddad at a billie ellish concert but i think i like it

im fully expecting this to be a 2 stop race, it was quicker last week & this week its a step softer

I wonder if anyone can explain why Lando received a penalty in the GP?

It's been deemed fine for drivers on the inside (in the lead) to drift out to the edge of the circuit in previous races:

(OK - this is not a perfect example, as Hamilton was taken out - but no-one saw anything wrong with what Hamilton did here - and the move was identical to the move that Norris pulled today on Perez - even down to the fact that Norris never touched Perez in the move)...

I also don't understand why this came with 2 penalty points!

Last edited:
New rule in F1 if you fancy taking a risk. Drive around the outside of another driver even if you have no real chance of getting by. Run wide and then complain you were shoved off. Sit back and watch your opponent get penalised.

What a garbage race.

Back
Top Bottom