2021 Silly Season

In defence of Hamilton he has beaten two reigning world champions and the only teammates to have been him were world champions . Only Prost and Reutemann hold that distinction in F1. Vettel's teammate record does not compare

Just for curiousity F1 Hamilton's teammates have either been of Finnish origin or reigning world champions...

In defence of Hamilton he has beaten two reigning world champions and the only teammates to have been him were world champions . Only Prost and Reutemann hold that distinction in F1. Vettel's teammate record does not compare

Just for curiousity F1 Hamilton's teammates have either been of Finnish origin or reigning world champions...

& the stat that im unsure if anyone else has managed won a race in every season he's competed

Il_leone:

And in 2009, when Button become WDC, Vettel beat Hamilton, as did Webber and Barrichello, even when Hamilton was clearly in a Championship winning car. And the mere fact that Rosberg became WDC shows just how dominate the Mercedes CAR was, as, IMO, Rosberg was only on upper-mid-tier talent. And you cannot deny that that year, Hamilton finished second in a two-car Championship.

Last edited:
Il_leone:

And in 2009, when Button become WDC, Vettel beat Hamilton, as did Webber and Barrichello, even when Hamilton was clearly in a Championship winning car. And the mere fact that Rosberg became WDC shows just how dominate the Mercedes CAR was, as, IMO, Rosberg was only on upper-mid-tier talent. And you cannot deny that that year, Hamilton finished second in a two-car Championship.

2nd in two car championship because Mercedes allowed to them to race for the championship not orchestrated through contractual obligations like Schumacher or Vettel have been doing even with the best car by country mile. Hamilton beats his teammates on the race track not through a piece of paper or getting someone in the management to protect him at all costs. If Hamilton had won 2016 as well your argument would be to discredit it because he had the best car and his teammate is not world class. I think I ll trust someone like Ross Brawn who rated Rosberg as a world class driver and world champion material

Vettel was pretty much dead man from Monza for his amateurish performance and then disobeying team orders in Sochi

well we cant forget that he's used to disobeying team orders & red bull letting him get away with murder. amazingly it wasnt allowed anywhere else

but could it be they have said it covid related which is possible. i wonder if they didnt give him a contract because they didnt think he was going to accept & also he had been horrendous value for money £35m a season, the closest he got to the title was italy 2017. & outperformed by a guy on 2.8m. that vettel would never accept a pay cut of 70%

its all relevant to me. & is the person worth it. £40m the last 15yrs as been the going rate for elite few. for £40m you are guaranteeing you will win a race. because Lewis has won a race in every F1 season. multiple races every season bar 1. will likely surpass Micheal Schumacher

Schumacher final ferrari contract had him paid £35m in today money i rather spent £40m on lewis than £27m on kimi in 2014 & £35/40m on current Vettel Ferrari deal

Schumacher demanded £16m when every team supposedly wanted him but in the end he chose Ferrari because they would be the only one who could give him No 1 status as well as potential

He denied he asked for £40m a year which supposedly the Daily Mail also claimed whilst I think Covid has moved the goal posts I am sure but Mercedes are taking the mickey somewhat ..

I was watching a documentary about Eddie Lawson and how Yamaha or Giacomo Agostini tried to screw him by saying we could only offer a lower salary than his current deal after winning his 3rd riders title with them. So what do he do ... he went to Erv Kanemoto and Honda to sort something out because people thought he could not win on anything but a Yamaha. Soon as Agostini heard the deal he offered double his salary but Eddie told them "eff off" and he was off to Honda and he made history being back to back world champion on two different bikes to cement his legacy.

What happened was Marlboro were keen to get Schwantz into Yamaha so Agostini tried to fool Eddie who found out the truth behind all this. Well leaving Agostini red faced he desperately signed Freddie Spencer out of retirement to please Marlboro but the season for the team was a disaster with no wins and Marlboro promptly deciding they were better off going with Kenny Roberts Yamaha team.

I can only think Mercedes would be willing to pay £30m if its Verstappen who they seriously want and trying to snooker Lewis because the seats at Ferrari are filled up and Red Bull surely will not sign him whilst Mclaren are also taken up. If its £30m for Vettel well that is a strange decision given his stock has fallen so low I am beginning to feel he may not see out the season with Ferrari now some conflicting stories are coming out about why he has been sacked

found this from the editor of german motorsport.com. says that tomorrow morning he has information of a bigger sensation in silly season

20200708_231234.png

turns out it was literally lost in translation, but he has talking about vettel back to red bull. which i think would be extremely harsh on albon

Back
Top Bottom