Pre-Season 2021 predictions

I'm going to like that but only because it crudely explains that we are all essential. The frustration that some groups are considered more important just reinforces the fact that society relies on everyone.

We can all make a claim that we should take priority, but the priority, that government has chosen, is managing resources to minimise deaths: whether you think that all lives have equal claim is another discussion.

I'm ambivalent.

I'll get the vaccine at some point. Untill then I have a job to do. I'll take reasonable precautions and assess the risk every time. But focussing on death statistics and feeling that I'm missing out doesn't help me, my family or anyone else.

Last edited:
welcome by the way

even though I support him. i hope we have a championship battle. not a cakewalk
Thank you!

Indeed. The top positions are always the same, the most exciting part of the races (last years, at least) have been the below-5 positions battles. Hope it changes this year.

No one has mentioned the gimmick of sprint races but I am not sure it will be popular with fans even if you just reverse the top 8 there is too much of a speed difference between the front and midfield

Hi guys, new member to the site :)

I predict Verstappen and Perez to finish ahead of Bottas because they are better at managing the tires and he will have to stretch to match Hamilton and will lose a lot of energy translated by a lost of pace at some point during the season benefiting the Red Bull drivers.

Qualifying head-to-head predictions:

Hamilton 16-7 Bottas
Verstappen 19-4 Perez
Ricciardo 13-10 Norris
Vettel 14-9 Stroll
Alonso 15-8 Ocon
Leclerc 15-8 Sainz
Gasly 14-9 Tsunoda
Giovinazzi 13-10 Raikkonen
Schumacher 21-2 Mazepin
Russell 20-3 Latifi

Here we go then:

1) Mercedes to retain both titles despite Red Bull starting the season well.
2) Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes will be the only teams to win GPs
3) McLaren will start the season well and score several second places and a number of podiums but will fade as the year goes on.
4) Alpine will get stronger and may grab a lucky podium.
5) Seb will out perform Lance but Aston will go backwards compared to last year.
6) George Russell will score a point.
7) Perez and Verstappen won't get on at all.
8) Bottas will announce he is joining Williams.
9) Alonso will be written up everywhere as being the driver of the season.
10) the season won't be 23 races long because at least 1 gp will be cancelled.

• Lewis will be champion
  • Bottas version 7.13 will be just like Bottas Version 1.
  • George Russell will be confirmed at Mercedes before the last race
  • Seb and Lance battle will be tight, but Lance will just take it.
  • Perez will finish closer to Max than any of his other team mates.
  • McLaren will finish 3rd in the Championship
  • Williams will finish ahead of Haas
  • A new team will be announced
  • Nobody will mention that Saudi Arabia is a totalitarian hereditary dictatorship and that F1 shouldn't be there
  • A W-Series driver will make the jump to F1 as a test driver.
  • Everyone will keep pronouncing Alpine as Alpine despite some people saying it like Alpine when it's definitely pronounced Alpine.
  • Yuki Tsunoda will be the stand out rookie of the year.

Last edited:
Here we go then:

1) Mercedes to retain both titles despite Red Bull starting the season well.
2) Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes will be the only teams to win GPs
3) McLaren will start the season well and score several second places and a number of podiums but will fade as the year goes on.
4) Alpine will get stronger and may grab a lucky podium.
5) Seb will out perform Lance but Aston will go backwards compared to last year.
6) George Russell will score a point.
7) Perez and Verstappen won't get on at all.
8) Bottas will announce he is joining Williams.
9) Alonso will be written up everywhere as being the driver of the season.
10) the season won't be 23 races long because at last 1 gp will be cancelled.

Now we have seen the first race, I don't think Ferrari will win a race, but maybe McLaren will.

Russell and Bottas will swap seats.

Hamilton will renew his contract leaving Verstappen at red bull.

I will still maintain we will see at least 1 world champion retire at the end of the season

Looking at the gap between the rest Mclaren might get a win on a good day as they are comfortable the midfield leader otherwise I am expecting to see a top 4 Mercedes and Red Bull monopoly

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom