2020 Silly Season

its a tough because in ideal situation I wondered have either in not for a bad thing but I think they need to develop. bar the issue at Renault look at how much it has helped his development. even max was given season & 4 races not half a season

I think that Buemi is an outstanding driver
Well, I do think the primary problem is a lack of seats. F1 really needs 13-14 teams. To many deserving drivers have been flushed out too early (like Buemi and Vergne) and some have never been given a ride (like Sam Bird). It is a shame. A race series with 10 teams is kind of the bare minimmum, yet it has effectively been the standard for the last couple of decades.

Russian Ferrari academy driver Robert Shwartzman clinched the F3 title yesterday in Sochi. He has been pretty dominant and impressive. The title win means he has a superlicence now so I guess he is a name we need to keep an eye on for the Alfa Romeo seat with the Ferrari connections and all. I imagine his destiny is F2 next year bit you never know!

Also a name to remember? 17 year old David Schumacher (son of Ralf) made his F3 debut yesterday. I imagine he has probably got some backing.

David Schumacher no offence to him but I don't have the biggest of hopes for him because he not exactly going to have any genes past on. ralf was the brother who didn't have any genes passed on

David Schumacher no offence to him but I don't have the biggest of hopes for him because he not exactly going to have any genes past on. ralf was the brother who didn't have any genes passed on
I think you didn't watch F1 in the early 2000's going by your last statement. Just look at his record and consider that he wasn't sat in Ferrari which weren't only fast but close to bulletproof unlike any other car on the grid.

I think you didn't watch F1 in the early 2000's going by your last statement. Just look at his record and consider that he wasn't sat in Ferrari which weren't only fast but close to bulletproof unlike any other car on the grid.

personally I'd say that in pure driving terms Ralf was better than Michael

are talking the same ralf Schumacher that was beaten & beaten well by Juan Pablo Montoya 3 years in a row

In fairness JPM was very quick on his day. I think that was when the team used to hang a Big Mac over the nose of the car and he would drive after it like a donkey after a carrot.

Montoya was a better driver than his results. He suffered from self-belief that wasn’t tempered by his experience levels in early races and I think he just chased this expectation to the point (and beyond) of reality.

That’s a bold statement.

I don't think it is, I highlighted "in pure driving terms" that means that he was very good at driving, pity he wasn't very good at the rest and so he didn't achieve much in his career whereas his brother, who in pure driving terms to my knowledge is universally deemed inferior to Mika Hakkinen, won so much (and much more than the more taleneted Hakkinen). Driving is only part of the job of a racing driver, he needs to be able to set up his car, deal with the team, deal with outside pressure, be able to focus and use any available chance and most importantly race his fellow racers. Jarno Trulli was quite good at driving but he was also known as the "moving chicane", driving is only part of the game

well i was thinking about it during the race. max verstappen is a guy who is more than capable of challenging for world titles. as Lewis & Alonso found to differing success levels. how long can you go on when told the car will be great "next year"

well i was thinking about it during the race. max verstappen is a guy who is more than capable of challenging for world titles. as Lewis & Alonso found to differing success levels. how long can you go on when told the car will be great "next year"
But....he has no place to go to. They are not going to replace the harmonious paring of Hamilton/Bottas and somewhat less harmonious paring of Leclerc/Vettel. The only way Verstappen is going to get a ride with Mercedes or Ferrari is when Hamilton retires (which I think is at least 3 years away) or Leclerc retires (at least a decade away). Verstappen needs to either make Red Bull work for him, or bide his time. He is still only 22 years old. He can wait.

on the He is still only 22 years old. He can wait. im not so sure because you think come 2020 finale. he will be 23 & 2 months, lewis was only 23 & 9 months, Vettel 23 & 4 months, Alonso 24 & 2 months when they won his 1st title.

but i think the 2021 rules will save him because I think that will keep him but if they are on level where he can challenge for race wins most weekends like a ferrari or Mercedes right now they I can see him going very quickly

Back
Top Bottom