Grand Prix 2020 British Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
It really surprises me that Gutierrez is listed as the reserve driver for Mercedes, Racing Point and McLaren, yet does not have the required activity to compete...

I can't see anyone other than the incredible Hulk (TM) being called up at this late stage...

Can Gutierrez get the required activity by driving in practice sessions? If I were Mercedes, I'd be resting one of their drivers this weekend, and next in FP1, and just making sure he gets the distance in in a couple of FP1 sessions...

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Perez was in a tight bubble and only came into contact with 3 other people so they have been isolated

F1 routinely tests every 5 days so it is tight control

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
FP1 stopped due to debris...

However, it took a driver to radio in before action was taken - everyone could see that giovanazzi's floor had been ripped to pieces by his tyre, yet the stewards initially did SFA!

Il_leone

Champion Elect
I thought Alfa was suppose a bunch of Ferrari engineers . Looks like they are the rejects

The car is slower than Russell and the similar powered Haas

Hulkenberg's gap to Stroll will be interesting to watch. Someone else suggested he might replace Stroll and then its Vettel and Hulkenberg which just won't happen

Last edited:

Il_leone

Champion Elect
I will add Vettel set no time in the session - more Ferrari woes for him. If Hulkenberg proves he can be as quick if not quicker than Stroll then that just might sway Vettel's decision about the offer on the table and poor Perez has got no chance to defend himself or his credibility because of COVID19

Incidentally he flew back to Mexico on a private plane because his mother was taken to hospital after an accident

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
It's looking like Sergio Perez flew back to Mexico to visit his mother:

Given that Mexico is one of the countries you are legally required to self isolate for 14 days upon returning to the UK, I can see Perez getting into some trouble for even attempting to race this weekend...

Il_leone

Champion Elect

Given that Mexico is one of the countries you are legally required to self isolate for 14 days upon returning to the UK, I can see Perez getting into some trouble for even attempting to race this weekend...
If the Prime Minister's chief advisor could break rules he set about lockdown by driving 250 miles up to Durham and not to be sacked. From a selfish point of view then Perez had done nothing wrong and he travelled on a private plane to minimise exposure and the definition of "Essential travel" could be used to protest his innocence and besides it was his mother who was hospitalised

I will add that Perez missing two races could cost him his seat at Racing Point. Hulkenberg is going to put on a demonstration run for Vettel just how competitive the car is to sway Vettel's decision making

Last edited:

F1Brits_90

Race Winner

yeah been following practise on the radio today. im fan of their podcast so shouldnt be surprised. but i was surprised at how good 5 live was coverage was. nicholls palmer & gow are very entertaining. they said at 11am that it was because he went to see his mother. now i think that different to bottas & leclerc. put yourself in those shoes, theres a good part of me that wouldve done the same

& how harsh would it have been. if the boss had said you cant visit your mum

Last edited:
Top Bottom