Pre-Season 2018 Season Preview

Have just had an email about my views on F1 and streaming; it was commissioned by Liberty. On starting it there was a list of countries: US, Germany, France, Belgium (I feel that there was another), as soon as I clicked on none of the above a message came up saying that I was not applicable for this survey.

The feeling is mutual, I am definitely getting the message.

3M-Futuro.jpg

cider_and_toast Greenlantern101

I get that feeling but worrying I noticed ive had the same thing but I thing its just thing of getting older as you have a lot more enthusiasm when young, ive noticed it not just f1 also when I'm at bramall lane when I was younger I used to celebrate like a madman now I still do but its a lot rarer in recent years in last 4 years I can only think of 10 times with cup/derby/last min winner games.

same with F1 I remember being really excited for 2002 season on itv, watching the 1st session qualifying, them listing what happened in winter, maybe ive got too cyncinal as i got older as a child used to like pay drivers like Tora Takagi, Gaston Mazzcane, Marc Gene, Shinji Nakano & they are no different now to Rio Haraynto Sakon Yamamoto & Narain Karthikeyan maybe we have too much of a good thing. I think lets say F1 is as good lets say 20yrs ago 1998 & miles better than dominant bore fests early 00 Ferraris & early 10's vettel. murray walker was a huge loss to the sport without doubt commentary was better than no disrespect to crofty or Edwards but that fact that they will admit themselves. but F1 is not as bad on the whole as made out although the last 2 years worryingly GP2/F2 racing has been far more exciting on the same weekend

But i will always watch f1 because it still capable of great moments & ill be back waiting for the season

Last edited:
I guess the big test will be the new engines and pay structure coming in 2020. If they **** that up as well F1 will wither and die. But it could also be it's resurgence if someone with a brain is making decisions.

So we have our first confirmed launch date:

Ferrari - February 22nd

For the sake of everyone it needs to be a monster.

Exactly next time seasons title battle could be amazing. With ferrari red bull & mclaren all possibly battle we need them to be on form to beat mercedes because i might be wrong but like Ferrari i cant see a interteam battle in mercedes based on 2nd half of 2017 season

cider_and_toast No it might be garbage then they will start blaming someone for the failure again internally as usual

I thought Arrivabene was suppose to be go as the whispers were at the end of last season so is he still around

We just need Ferrari to be a monster we need Red Bull, Mclaren and Renault to be monsters as well

Consultant? Is that enough of a role to blame him if Lewis doesn't win the title next year? ;)

I bet he appoints Button as an 'F1 ambassador'. You hear about these F1 and team ambassadors all the time. What do they do? Do they have diplomatic immunity and give out ferror Roche?

Just came up on my face book that 4 years ago today 24th Jan 2014 Mclaren launched their car.

Car launches really do seem to be later and later every year. I suspect almost everyone will be at the Feb 26th test or just a day or 2 before it.

Back
Top Bottom