2014 and 2018 Winter Olympics

Your post #89 implies that all Russians are dopers unless they can prove otherwise, such an attitude is assinine.

not at all. When i watch winter olympics or any major events. I believe in what i see. Espically russians because of the spotlight on them. I would assume they would be whiter than white at this games & you can this nation the most out of anyone

But if any news breaks & he happens to be Russian (like east germans in yrs after their scandal broke & cyclists in mid 2000's) because of the last few years & think i read an article that said Russians have had 41medals taken off in last 15 yrs its only natural to go "oh not again"

But you didn’t write “oh no, not again” did you?
You wrote “Russians can hardly claim innocent til proven guilty”. So, as much as you can try to bail out, your comment gives the lie to your subsequent denials.

As much as I'm delighted with Tess and Scott for bringing the gold back to Canada, I'm really done with this games. Dead threads, bullying, alleged doping, creative use of loopholes and disqualifications galore (some when said disqualifications benefited the locals must I add). Cherry on top is going be to have Ivanka Trump in the closing ceremony as honour guest.

I have thoroughly enjoyed Big Air, Half Pipe and Slopestyle; none of which I have given much time to in the past.
I have also indulged my favourites of Skellington and Bob, which I am hoping will continue to thrill through the finals.

For me. Its been successful games for britain for 3rd time we've got 4 medals like 1924 & 2014. Defended our skeleton for 3rd time. 1st gb gold medalist to defend the title & 1st time 2 gb athletes on same podium. If we get another gold or any medal in curling or event it will be few more 1sts as we have never won 5 medals or 2 golds at 1 winter Olympics

But the time difference has been a bit crap for viewing. & Elise Christie saga has been heartbreaking which combination of bad luck. Wrong place wrong time & terrible refereeing. Means its 7th time lucky in bejing. But this morning the bravery she shown to go through the pain barrier was fantastic

Last edited:
If we were meant to be Winter Olympics medal winners we would have had proper mountains. It is interesting that as the amount of snow around our medal tally goes up.

I wouldn’t have thought that gridlock on British roads due to snow, was much use for training winter Olympic hopefuls.

yeah absolutely brilliant from GB 5 medals (maybe 6 depending on bronze medal match in curling) to create history as well 2 athletes on the same podium, we have now gotten 5 medals for the 1st time in history

Maybe & its our greatest ever Olympics. But if im being harsh you have a case for this because 28m of funding but actually only skeleton has delivered others has been a surprise. Like 1st medal for 50 yrs in mens skeleton, 2 in slopestyle & big air which are very weak for us only sochi we got our 1st legal medal on snow

Lottery Funded mens bobsleigh were awful but crowdfunded womens bobsleigh came 8th (more history)

Curling nothing, mens didnt make semis & women lost bronze medal match

Short track nothing, with a combination of bad luck/positioning/refereeing with Elise Christie

Figure skating not even in top 10

Musgrave in cross county came 7th when he great shot for bronze maybe gold

IMG_20180224_135914.jpg

How in the name of all that's good can Curling, which is essentially Bowling on ice, absorb 5.6 million pounds in funding? It's 4 men, 4 women and a couple of coaches.

It's not as if they have to train abroad.

Gold and Silver at Ski Cross for the girls but all we could think about at home was the condition of India Sherret who crashed really hard in quarter finals. It seems she broke 3 vertebrae but she's going to be Ok. What a relief

The Germans are going crazy because of their success in Ice Hockey which I think is simply rather fortunate due to the fact that Canada, Russia and the U.S.A. aren’t competing with their proper teams, whereas the Germans are only missing five players, who Play in the NHL.

The Germans are going crazy because of their success in Ice Hockey which I think is simply rather fortunate due to the fact that Canada, Russia and the U.S.A. aren’t competing with their proper teams, whereas the Germans are only missing five players, who Play in the NHL.

How come NHL havent released there players. Its not exactly winter olympics have moved they are in February every 4 yrs. Which surely NHL can accommodate that & espically canada, its value this so hugely its well known vancouver 2010 gold medal match stopped the nation as everyone watched it.

Or was that just 1 off that canada stopped NHL because they knew they had sown up gold medal

Back
Top Bottom