2012 F1 driver line ups

landogeorgelewis1

Champion Elect
All these have been confirmed and places still need filling in for next seasons championship. This thread will be edited everytime a driver is confirmed to a seat. But i would like to hear who you think will be in the remaining seats to complete the driver line-ups?

Scuderia Ferrari:
Fernando Alonso
Felipe Massa

Force India F1:
22px-Flag_placeholder.svg.png

TBA
TBA

Hispania Racing F1 Team (HRT)

TBA
TBA

Team Lotus Renault

TBA
TBA

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
Jenson Button
Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes GP Petronas Mercedes
Michael Schumacher[8]
TBA

Red Bull Racing Renault
Sebastian Vettel
Mark Webber

Lotus Renault GP
Robert Kubica[11]
Vitaly Petrov[12]

Sauber F1 Team Ferrari

TBA
TBA

Scuderia Toro Rosso Ferrari

TBA
TBA

Marussia Virgin Racing Cosworth

TBA
TBA

AT&T Williams Cosworth

TBA
TBA

There sorted now it's better to read. :)

I am sure Rosberg is contracted no?

Looking at the way you put it (thanks for that :thumbsup:) a lot of seats are up for grabs.

The team that I can see with driver changes is, Hispania! :snigger:

He's not likely to go anywhere, Mercedes have said they want him for 2016. Seems like a good move, once Schumacher leaves Rosberg will probably be the number one man rather than having equal status, plus everyone else is tied up, McLaren have their drivers for a long time, Ferrari have Alonso for a long time, same with Vettel and Red Bull.

I can probably see him going to Ferrari if Massa is to get replaced, but his dad might veto the idea like he did for McLaren. Red Bull will either keep Mark Webber for 1 or 2 years then get in the Moose (Buemi) or Riccardio, don't see Alguersuari impressing.

Renault is a weird one, will Kubica be back to his best? And who will be in the second seat? Renault have many drivers contracted, Vitaly Petrov is doing a good job (Evilwhippet may disagree due to the beard being his man).

Renault is a weird one, will Kubica be back to his best? And who will be in the second seat? Renault have many drivers contracted, Vitaly Petrov is doing a good job (Evilwhippet may disagree due to the beard being his man).

Well I would say you can't compare everyone with Heidfeld, but Petrov has the unenviable task of being his teammate so this must be taken into consideration.

I don't know if Trulli will be kept on, but I would bet Kovalainen will be driving a Caterham next year

We all know that contracts can be torn up in an instant, so what chances of Hamilton to Red Bull for next season?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92327

I think that's more likely the social conversation that was happening. Hamilton can buy himself out. Oh god I'd have to support a Red Bull driver (little bit of sick in mouth).

Having said that I'd love to see Hamilton vs Vettel - I can't imagine the latter would be too happy by the prospect.

I happen to think Vettel would beat Hamilton in a Red Bull, as he has several seasons of experience with the car and no doubt it is being developed around him.
I would still like to see them paired up though.

Ok here are my predictions:

Sorry if I sound like a stuck records but Hamilton WILL be at Red Bull some time soon whether Horner or Vettel like it or not. I originally said 2013 but looking more likely it'll be next year with whats going on this season.

If that happens then I think Rosberg will make a move to Mclaren and we'll finally see if he is the driver we think he can be. Don't think Daddy will overrule a match up with Button - not that Jenson should be under estimated.

I would have said Di Resta for the Merc seat as they've invested a lot in him but he's blotted his copy book of late and I'm wondering if they'll bring in Hulkenberg to be groomed by Schumi in his final season.

Chandock in at Lotus(Caterham) which will be interesting and probably happen from the Indian GP this season onwards.

If Grosjean wins or comes runner up in GP2 then he'll def be in one of those Renault seats.

I think Toro Rosso will ditch both drivers at the end of the year(not that I think both deserve to go) and bring in Ricciardio and whoever else they have on their books.

Thats all I've got in at the min - I'm prob completely wrong though!

Would be quite happy to see Chandhok given another chance in F1 and think that Lotus will have a decent line-up in him and Kovalinen if both are at the team next season.

Would quite like to see young Sam Bird given a crack at F1 possibly at Toro Rosso alongside Ricciardio, as he's alot like Hamilton and loves to overtake just not as agressively though.

Would be quite happy to see Chandhok given another chance in F1 and think that Lotus will have a decent line-up in him and Kovalinen if both are at the team next season.

Would quite like to see young Sam Bird given a crack at F1 possibly at Toro Rosso alongside Ricciardio, as he's alot like Hamilton and loves to overtake just not as agressively though.
Sam Bird is a Mercedes man isn't he?

Sadly one of the problems with driver development programmes means that inevitably, drivers are attached to manufacturers or sponsors which limits where they can go, and also prevents non-development drivers from having a realistic chance of stepping into a car with which they have no association.

Even so, why go for Webber when Rosberg's contracts up at Mercedes? And why make Webber the "undisputed No.1"? Plus they have many other drivers contracted... :s

Back
Top Bottom