2012 F1 driver line ups

The question is has the Rice Pudding man done enough stay on for another season? Lucas di Grassi was booted out with out so much as a "by your leave" although, in fairness to Virgin, they did give him the whole season to prove himself.

The question is has the Rice Pudding man done enough stay on for another season? Lucas di Grassi was booted out with out so much as a "by your leave" although, in fairness to Virgin, they did give him the whole season to prove himself.
F1Racing have one of their one page interviews with him. Apparently, his nickname is "custard"!

If I was Grosjean I'd be saying put me in at the start of 2012 - none of this mid-season nonesense - next time he leaves the bank to go and be an F1 driver I doubt he'll want to be coming back 3 months later.

I originally said on this thread that I see Chandhock being brought in at Lotus but have to say he didn't really impress and as there seem to be an abundance of Eric Boullier Renault drivers and Lotus have the Renault engine how about Grosjean or d'Ambrosio for a drive there? Just said on another thread I think 'Custard' has done enough to get a drive next year.

Oh and I'm predicting Dani Clos for the new 'more Spanish' HRT team next year.

Custard I heard might be on his way out as there is some young driver can't remember his name might replace him

The problem I had with that decision is that Di Grassi didn't particulary do anything wrong last season, apart from maybe that crash on the way to the grid in Japan. He kept Glock reasonably honest and didn't disgrace himself at all. I mean what could he really show in that car?

I think you have to say the same about d'Ambrosio Bus Stop - in fact if you look at my thread about driver DQ's you can see if Lotus, Virgin and HRT had been the only teams in the championship that d'Ambrosio would be 7 points off leading the WC. All realtive I know but think it means something.

Be interested to go back and do the stats on Di Grassi as I don't think he did too bad last year either

I think the Virgin seat might be used as a 'warm up seat' for Mclaren drivers from now on actually. But we'll see.

Sly - are you sure they weren't talking about Grosjean?

They've had very similar seasons Rasputin, which means D'Ambrosio will probably get the chop. If he did get kept on(which I think he should), Di Grassi would have every right to think, "What the hell, he didn't do any better than me."

Might have a look for those stats actually. :)

Well as much as I agree with that sentiment Bro and I'd love to see someone younger given a chance if you look at the race stats you can see why they've decided to renew Trulli's contract. Despite the widespread view that Kovi is the man at Lotus if it wasn't for Trulli scoring his 2 13th places Lotus would be behind HRT in the championship.

Kovi may give them the glory by getting them into Q2 but its Jarno this year who's picked up the bread and butter

Giedo Van Der Garde, the dutch GP2 driver who is currently second in the GP2 table claims to be in talks with 3 F1 teams for a drive next year.

Does suprise me a bit as despite being second he hasn't had any wins in GP2 this year and Bianchi who's a point behind him seems the better candidate.

Trying to figure out who the 3 teams are. I Imagine Williams are one of them after reading the story about them the other day. It would make sense if Virgin were another as Van Der Garde has Mclaren links. Can't think who the 3rd one would be though.

Saw some articles about Barrichello and Williams for next year, seems he's getting worried about his seat. To me he's hanging on a la Coulthard. Williams must surely be thinking that they need new blood.

But he's been doing better than Maldonado generally (although PM bring money) and they should they get rid of a driver with a huge amount of experience who has won races and been higher up the grid? If they want to get better result they'll need some form of stability, not just a good car.

Back
Top Bottom