Grand Prix 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

So it all comes down to the final race. The prancing horse versus the charging bull. The passionate Catalan versus the efficient German. Red versus Blue. Enough of the clichés, Vettel has a 13 point lead over Alonso going in to the race between the lakes so only has to finish in front of the Spaniard to claim his third title in a row. All the pressure will be on Ferrari and Alonso to give the Spaniard his third title and they probably need something to go wrong at Red Bull to stand any chance of winning, if their pace in the USA was anything to go by.

After his victory in the USA Lewis Hamilton will be hoping to leave McLaren on a high note. Lotus, surely, would love a second victory in 2012 but as fast as the car is it can't compete with the top 3 teams. Felipe Massa is starting to regain some of his old form and will, without doubt, be required to ride shotgun to Alonso. Mark Webber will be looking to win again at Interlagos but I doubt Vettel will suffer similar "brake" problems as he had last year.

The constructors championship is all sown up with Red Bull champions again. McLaren could steal 2nd place from Ferrari but a stronger performance from Jenson Button is needed in Brazil. Last year he was 3rd, two McLaren men in the top 4 could win them a few extra millions from FOM.

The final factor to build in is the weather. Brazil is notorious for changeable weather conditions and a sprinkling of rain could turn things Alonso's way. So tune next Sunday for the final event of 2012, but before then feel free to express your opinions below and don't forget to check out the circuit write up.

http://cliptheapex.com/pages/autodromo-jose-carlos-pace-interlagos/

I hope for a good farewell run for Schumacher - I seem to remember he went out on about lap 3 last time round, I would love him to get his second podium - I think he'll need the best of his old rain skills to get that one though... unfortunately.

Why can't all retirement races be like Berger's :1st:

I think his last race with Ferrari at interlagos was an incredible drive. I don't recall the exact details but I remember he had to pit due to a puncture and still returned to pass Kimi who was taking his seat. Alonso won his second championship and hopefully he can make it third this weekend because If finger wins it I'm going to puke.

I would like to see Schumacher qualify in the mid field, get a mediocre start, embarress (never can spell that) himself by clumsy defending all while a great race is going on at the front of the field. I would then like his car to expire at the back end of the circuit on lap 20, an event unnoticed by commentators or cameras for at least 2 laps.

It would be nice to see Schumacher on the podium in his last race. Unfortunately that car was going backwards in races long before they started playing with their fancy exhaust, so I think it unlikely.

Don't care how it pans out as it's a mouth-watering prospect of a race. Rarely processional and often has an upset.

Attachments

• They thought it was over final.pdf
    394.8 KB · Views: 115
Now the forecast has got worse again:
weather.PNG

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Sao-Paulo-BRXX0232

Anything can happen in Formula 1, and it usually does.

Looks like the thunder storms are for around 3pm local time, Qually starts at 2pm maybe just catch the tail end.

Sunday looks wet all day.

Back
Top Bottom