Grand Prix 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

So it all comes down to the final race. The prancing horse versus the charging bull. The passionate Catalan versus the efficient German. Red versus Blue. Enough of the clichés, Vettel has a 13 point lead over Alonso going in to the race between the lakes so only has to finish in front of the Spaniard to claim his third title in a row. All the pressure will be on Ferrari and Alonso to give the Spaniard his third title and they probably need something to go wrong at Red Bull to stand any chance of winning, if their pace in the USA was anything to go by.

After his victory in the USA Lewis Hamilton will be hoping to leave McLaren on a high note. Lotus, surely, would love a second victory in 2012 but as fast as the car is it can't compete with the top 3 teams. Felipe Massa is starting to regain some of his old form and will, without doubt, be required to ride shotgun to Alonso. Mark Webber will be looking to win again at Interlagos but I doubt Vettel will suffer similar "brake" problems as he had last year.

The constructors championship is all sown up with Red Bull champions again. McLaren could steal 2nd place from Ferrari but a stronger performance from Jenson Button is needed in Brazil. Last year he was 3rd, two McLaren men in the top 4 could win them a few extra millions from FOM.

The final factor to build in is the weather. Brazil is notorious for changeable weather conditions and a sprinkling of rain could turn things Alonso's way. So tune next Sunday for the final event of 2012, but before then feel free to express your opinions below and don't forget to check out the circuit write up.

http://cliptheapex.com/pages/autodromo-jose-carlos-pace-interlagos/

Practically speaking, by far the most likely way for Alonso to win the WDC is for Vettel not to finish. I hope that positions on the track make it so that Ferrari at least have a chance of making that possible. If not it will be a damp squib and it will be interesting to see what lengths Alonso, Ferrari and Massa will go to as well.

If Button can overhaul Webber then our top 5 in the championship will all be previous F1 world champions. There is a fair chance that Hamilton could also overhaul Kimi for third. Of course, the real attraction and the real story is whether Alonso can overhaul Vettel. This is quite a finale that we have laid out for us with a hell of a lot to play for for all of the drivers at the front of the campaign. Utterly mouthwatering.

Massa and the departing Schumacher could play a decisive role and decide the outcome of the championship.

Massa's always strong around his home circuit and if he can pull out a stormer of a lap to qualify anywhere near the top 2 ..the championship battle is on!! And as for Schumacher...he'll surely want to impress in his final race and if Alonso or Vettel somehow end up behind him...its trouble for them :D

Looking forward to a great race!
Alonso deserves this one :thumbsup:

since I don't prefer one on the other between Seb an Nando, I don't focus on WDC! and as many said both are deserved to be :D
but I hope to watch an epic race from Lewis :thinking:

Contention will take every slot - from, and possibly before, FP1 to the podium. It will keep opinion going for at least another month!!

Mercedes aren't going to run their coanda exhaust at Brazil, presumably because of the increased fuel consumption.

So they may not qualify well, but at leas they won't go backwards during the race as much as they did at the US GP.

Back
Top Bottom