Grand Prix 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

So it all comes down to the final race. The prancing horse versus the charging bull. The passionate Catalan versus the efficient German. Red versus Blue. Enough of the clichés, Vettel has a 13 point lead over Alonso going in to the race between the lakes so only has to finish in front of the Spaniard to claim his third title in a row. All the pressure will be on Ferrari and Alonso to give the Spaniard his third title and they probably need something to go wrong at Red Bull to stand any chance of winning, if their pace in the USA was anything to go by.

After his victory in the USA Lewis Hamilton will be hoping to leave McLaren on a high note. Lotus, surely, would love a second victory in 2012 but as fast as the car is it can't compete with the top 3 teams. Felipe Massa is starting to regain some of his old form and will, without doubt, be required to ride shotgun to Alonso. Mark Webber will be looking to win again at Interlagos but I doubt Vettel will suffer similar "brake" problems as he had last year.

The constructors championship is all sown up with Red Bull champions again. McLaren could steal 2nd place from Ferrari but a stronger performance from Jenson Button is needed in Brazil. Last year he was 3rd, two McLaren men in the top 4 could win them a few extra millions from FOM.

The final factor to build in is the weather. Brazil is notorious for changeable weather conditions and a sprinkling of rain could turn things Alonso's way. So tune next Sunday for the final event of 2012, but before then feel free to express your opinions below and don't forget to check out the circuit write up.

http://cliptheapex.com/pages/autodromo-jose-carlos-pace-interlagos/

I doubt this is true and if it is true and he does still have a grudge over Vettel almost costing him the world title then that is absolutely pathetic. I seriously doubt the accuracy of your statement though unless you can come up with a source...

I don't believe it's part of Hamilton's character of being that small minded, and hold a grudge to Sebastian, especially after winning what many consider to be the most exciting ending to a F1 world driving championship.

This is one of Hamilton's bogey circuits so I can't see him winning here.

I fully expect it to be a Vettel cruise from start to finish.

All I know is who I want to win, what other people think is of no relevance to me..

Edit

That goes against what a forum is about doesn't it? But still lets just put it down to me having a bad day.

Alonso for the championship...

I have to say I'm torn. I'd love to see Alonso take a title after a great season especially as its been so long since his last one and I would hate hime to end his career with just those two he has as I think he deserves more but part of me likes the idea of Vettel coming in and smashing 3 in a row out and sticking a finger up at all the others especially as this year he really has come from behind and been up against it.

So yes I've rang the phone-in-vote to vote that I don't have an opinion - just as useful to a forum me!

I'd like to see Vettel not necessarily retire but be out of the points, Alonso score enough points for the WDC & Massa to win with Lewis & Kimi filling out the podium.
Wishful thinking as I think Seb will storm out ahead if the RB is as dominant as it seems.
Most of all we want a good race regardless of who wins, perhaps some rain will spice things up...

I'm not so sure Vettel will take this win. He's got everything to loose, Alonso has nothing to loose. Expect Fernando to throw everything at this one. If he can put pressure on Vettel mistakes could creep in. Wishful thinking? Maybe. It should be a cracker.

I feel that the WDC will ultimately be determined by the infamous Interlagos weather. If it doesnt rain, its definitely Vettel and if it does then Alonso has a fair chance.

Maybe it makes sense for Ferrari to just follow a wet setup (assuming theres a chance of rain, which there is as per all the reports till now) because they cant beat RBR in dry.

The forecast seems to be getting better rather than worse, Saturday is now meant to be dry (10% chance of rain). Still 60% chance of rain on Sunday though.

Even with rain, it's still a tall order for Alonso.
He needs to make up a 13 point deficit so needs to score 14 points or more than Vettel.

Other than one retirement at the European GP, Vettel has only finished lower than sixth twice: 11th at Malaysia due to a puncture, 22nd at Italy due to an alternator failure.

Back
Top Bottom