• Vitantonio Liuzzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d’Ambrosio

• Total voters
It has to be Kovalainen...
And to add to the shame, his crash has potentially messed up the race of the leading drivers.
Give the guy a break. You can hardly blame one driver who happens to have gone off for the misdemeanours of others for disobeying the rules, whether they are at the front or not!

There is a case for Webber (though I'm inclined not to agree over the whole weekend), Karthikeyan, Massa or possibly Maldonado, who doesn't seem to be able to get through a weekend without at least one crash.
In the end I'm thinking no-one really deserves the title this time.

hey all, my first post on this site, but it looks like it may be the place for me when 606 closes; recognise some of the less annoying names from 606 on here too.

As a newbie can I be controversial and vote for someone not on the list - Colin Kolles.
His comments and 'threats' just make him look silly.

Christian Horner's response to Ted Kravitz on the BBC blog was a completely unimpressed:
"He's got the freedom to do that, but I would have though Colin's got bigger issues than exhaust blowing at the moment."

Of the drivers, not sure - can't even recall what happened to most. Massa was pretty unimpressive, though the Ferrari looked hideous on Prime tyres; in fact Alonso's 1st stint laps and last stint lap were all approx ~1:30.

As F1 fans, we all love to pick things apart, and find the faults, but I really enjoyed that race. We've been adding the suffix -for a Spanish GP- to a lot of comments, comparing to the processions of the past, but what a thrilling race.

I was surprised to see the likes of Alonso lapped though, and it was not long after he was ahead of Vettel and Hamilton

Have to go for Webber I'm afraid. I think he'd vote for himself too. Looked like a broken man in the interview afterwards. Spain was supposed to be one of the few tracks he is faster than Vettel on.

Finally caught up with the race, no standout chumps for me though. Massa had a little half-spin all on his own, Kovalainen crashed and Barrichello was generally unimpressive - can I give them 1/3 each?

In a sea of mediocre performances it's a struggle to choose between all those mentioned previously but; for a driver in a top 3 car, with years of experience, with a phenomenal teammate it can only have been Felipe Massa.

I suppose I should state (for the record) that I've not voted for any driver being The Chump of Spain.
For me, there wasn't a driver that deserved this particular accolade... :)

That:thumbsup:I've been thinking about this for two days. I don't think any of the drivers were chumps. Can't say the same about those responsible for the TV coverage though. How many laps did we have to watch Webber and Alonso circulating whilst all that midfield overtaking was going on? :thinking:That was chumpery of the highest order. :nah:

That:thumbsup:I've been thinking about this for two days. I don't think any of the drivers were chumps. Can't say the same about those responsible for the TV coverage though. How many laps did we have to watch Webber and Alonso circulating whilst all that midfield overtaking was going on? :thinking:That was chumpery of the highest order. :nah:

Yep, I agree. The TV coverage left a lot to be desired..

In fact, considering that the Spanish TV director followed Alonso so much (hardly a surprise, I suppose), it was all the more surprising that we missed his being lapped by the leaders.:whistle:

There was a brief glimpse of the leaders overtaking Alonso, the commentators missed it though.

They did show Alonso getting overtakien quite early on but the director cut away from the action so quickly we missed Alonso re-overtaking his spot. Poor effort by the TV crew, do we expect the same in Valencia? I assume it will be the same TV company providing the feed.

Back
Top Bottom