Rugby 2011 Rugby World Cup

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Its less than a month away from the Rugby World Cup, and the warm-ups are underway. New Zealand are leading a Tri-Nations series which South Africa seem to not give a monkeys about.

Anyway, here are the Groups:

A New Zealand, France, Tonga, Canada, Japan
B Argentina, England, Scotland, Romania, Georgia
C Australia, Ireland, Italy, Russia, United States
D South Africa, Wales, Fiji, Samoa, Namibia

So, quarter-final defeat for England against the All Blacks or les Bleus? Wales' Pacific Islands World Cup problems to continue? And what of the minor nations on the big stage, Namibia look like they shouldn't even turn up, who's going to win the basement battles?

What with it being held in the Southern hemisphere, my local pub will be doing huge breakfasts and beer at 9am :o

Nu Zillund to choke again, at home ;)

Now I'm going to regret this next statement but I reckon either England, Australia, France or the Kiwis could win this

Now I'm going to regret this next statement but I reckon either England, Australia, France or the Kiwis could win this

England's last three defeats at the RWC have all come to South Africa at the Stade de France! Since that can't happen this time...

The all blacks (NZ, not England). With it being on NZ's home patch this year, I really can't see anyone stopping them. If I can remember rightly, a couple of days ago, didn't they thrash SA???
Also, if England can finish second in 07, when they weren't brilliant at all, there is no reason why they can't reach the final this year.

My top 4:
NZ
England
Australia
The French

All Blacks most likely, unlikely to fail to see it through on their patch (again)

Australia slightly ahead of maybe England then SA (Dont think the southern hemisphere stuff will be so important, and they havent looked too clever at times this year)

Then France, who could sneak into the finals, not sure how the Irish will travel but they could be around

I have to admit to feeling that the All Blacks will win it this time around, though England do have a habit of surprising everyone after a slow start, Australia are going to be looking to regain previous form and France have a nasty habit of suddenly getting good at the most inconvenient time.

I am going to be out there for all the England group matches and then will wait and see, have an option on tickets for the knockout stages if England get through, hopin g to see another England team lift the cup :1st: but think I may be deluding myself in thinking they have a reasonable chance when the All Blacks will be on a major rampage :thinking:

Its hardly De Villiers out on the pitch now is it? Pretty much his first team for the Wc is, but so far not looking so clever this year, I cannot believe the tri nations is not significant
I have an idea. lets blame the coloured chap

Its hardly De Villiers out on the pitch now is it? Pretty much his first team for the Wc is, but so far not looking so clever this year, I cannot believe the tri nations is not significant
I have an idea. lets blame the coloured chap

He inherited a power team, and has done nothing to justify him keeping the position, and his press conferences are a joke. Do coaches make a difference, well lets delve into that a bit,.....ughm India are looking mighty good post Kirsten, they marginally beat the windies and now are getting schooled by England, oh he may not have played the games but he had the influence over the players.

What is Sir Alex worth in the world of football, about 19 championships give or take, sure on the field a coach is limited, but really listening to de villiers post matches and mid week interviews is something to be very embarrassed about.

Nothing wrong with team choices or tactics, if 15 of the best players available can't be pros and win regardless of the managers press interviews. And if they don't respect him why could that be I wonder?

What is Sir Alex worth in the world of football, about 19 championships give or take, sure on the field a coach is limited, but really listening to de villiers post matches and mid week interviews is something to be very embarrassed about.

I hate to go off topic, but it would be impossible to credit him with the titles won before 1970, so 12.

Back
Top Bottom