2011 Australian GP Rotten Fish Award

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Who or what in Oz had you swearing at the TV or cursng your luck to be an F1 fan? As with the Champagne Moment, list them below and then we can run a poll.

Shame Legard has been moved on as I think he won most of these last year, should I put one up about the boat race coverage on 5 Live as this is all the poor chap is left with.

I think Bernie's a rotten fish for not even bothering to turn up.
missed that one... he really doesn't like Australia anymore. Of course he might change his mind for Sydney; especially if they can race past the opera house. I'm starting to think he's more interested in architecture than f1

Got to be Rubens, One minute spinning out like a Rookie in Qually, next minute putting in the overtake of the race and then the next minute after that punting Rosberg off.

A big Rotten Fish for Barichello

the ticket booths at the track on the Friday - everything went down for 1.5 hours so everybody who had to collect or buy tickets had to wait around outside until about 12 :(

the ticket booths at the track on the Friday - everything went down for 1.5 hours so everybody who had to collect or buy tickets had to wait around outside until about 12 :(

You're not going to get any sympathy from me for that Fungus, lucky sod to even be there ;)

I was going to say Barrichello, but thinking about it, it was those overtakes off the track that didn't get punished, whereas the one that did get punished was the only one that probably would have crashed had he not taken that action..

whereas the one that did get punished was the only one that probably would have crashed had he not taken that action..
Watch the onboard.
Massa actually moved left just before Button took the escape road.

Massa had effectively conceded the place so if Button had stayed where he was, he would have made the pass.

I just about picked that up from the replays too, Bro.
It would have been brave of Button to go for it though; better maybe to settle for a points finish in the first race of the season, than to end up tangled with Massa on the exit run-off with a damaged car and maybe even a grid penalty for the next race.

The rise and fall of the "Undercut".

With tyre performance, grip and ultimately lap times dropping off so dramatically during a stint it is now no longer possible - through diligent tyre conservation - to gain track position by pitting later. He who pits first wins!

I'm not a big fan of track position gains made during pitstops but it strikes me that if you can make your tyres last longer there should be some reward. And not as we saw with Lewis losing 5 seconds at the first round of pitstops!

This development doesn't bode at all well for Jenson Button.

Back
Top Bottom