• Vitanonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jenson for me, for holding off Massa & forcing Webber into an unusual strategy despite having a sub-optimal car. In fact, I can only remember one moment in the race where he outbraked himself. So much for only being able to perform when the car is perfect...;)

Honourable mention to Alonso for a fine race overall. Lewis was given a gift at the first corner, and totally failed to drop it for once, so well done to him too.

Why Brogan, what is wrong with my reasoning for this one? I am not proving any point to you by voting outside the two obviously fastest cars (once Vettel was out). Also, in Q3, Lewis beat Jenson by 0.009 seconds, the closest its been between the two all year. The only reason Jenson couldn't keep up was due to the KERS failure and don't think this affects the vote. Once he had KERS back, his pace was a match for Lewis'.

Also, with no KERS, he drove impressively to keep Webber and Massa behind him.

The only reason Jenson couldn't keep up was due to the KERS failure and don't think this affects the vote. Once he had KERS back, his pace was a match for Lewis'.

Also, with no KERS, he drove impressively to keep Webber and Massa behind him.

Patently untrue, Jenson was slower than Lewis from the start, he was overtaken by Alonso in a lesser car, Webber would have had him if it wasn't for the idiotic DRS arrangement. Jenson was already way behind by the time he found he had problems with Kers, and it wasn't about saving tyres either, Jenson said himself he was not quick enough on the options

At the end he drove almost as fast as Lewis but I'm sure you will know that it's irrelevant as Lewis was just cruising and managing the gap to Alonso

Has to be Lewis for me. Didn't put a wheel wrong all race, all weekend really. Alonso did superbly well to get that Ferrari home before Webber and Button, although I think Lewis comfortably had enough in hand to keep him back. Button did well to keep Webber and Massa behind him with the KERS issue in the middle of the race, but his raw speed wasn't enough anyway to keep up with the front 2.
It's a shame Vettel went out on lap 1, I think it's the only thing that will tarnish Lewis' victory in some people's eyes. I know it's fairly pointless to say but I think he'd have had a chance of beating Vettel even if he didn't have the puncture :)

I went for Lewis - just! Great drive from both - truely the class of the field(when seb's not there)

by the way did anyone notice what was on the screen when Vettel was shown at the laptop? I'm sure I saw the Clip the Apex logo.

...and Fernando. It was nice seeing them being a bit more civil to each other this weekend. I think they have genuinely started to put the past behind them.

Rosberg was great. For a while I thought he was on for a podium, and then the strategies played out.

I am almost tempted to trot out the ridiclous derogatory comments that some Hamilton fans apply to Vettel whenever he wins and apply them here:

1. This race proves that Hamilton can only win because he has the best car

2, He can only win from the front

3. He can't overtake (probably because he hasn't had to).

All of these statements are as foolish appllied to one driver as to the other.

I am almost tempted to trot out the ridiclous derogatory comments that some Hamilton fans apply to Vettel whenever he wins and apply them here:

1. This race proves that Hamilton can only win because he has the best car

2, He can only win from the front

3. He can't overtake (probably because he hasn't had to).

All of these statements are as foolish appllied to one driver as to the other.

I see the point you're making and agree with your sentiment. However, there is a difference in that Lewis has proved that all three statements cannot be applied to him through his past performances. I am not saying that there is truth in the statements were they applied to Vettel but there is little evidence to the contrary. This isn't a slur on Vettel, it's just how it is. I'm sure he is in no hurry to disprove these assertions either, I think he's quite happy with the way things are going.

Back
Top Bottom