• Hulkenberg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kobayashi

• Trulli

• Total voters
cider_and_toast said:
I'm sure I wasn't the only one who rolled his eyes and went just shut up and drive.
Which he did and in my opinion, did so better than most people.

Oh well, each to their own.

cider_and_toast said:
and almost certainly wouldn't have been in for a shout for this title if we'd never heard his petulant outburst on the Radio

So you can be CotW for an ill-advised radio call nowadays. Shouldn't he be judged for what he actually did, not what he told the team. And, frankly, it was a terrible idea, which somewhat excuses the whole thing.

cider_and_toast said:
While Webber is the tempting choice I think I agree with theory that he was trying to hard infront of his home crowd.

I'm not sure that that is a mitigation though.

It's just for me the Radio call was the cherry on the cake. It all started yesterday with his poor qually and his meeting with the local police force. Not the best preperation for today.

On the ballance of the weekend I think Lewis deserved the title in my opinion. (and that's all it is)

Yeah he did well to get up from 11th to 4th but there were several great drives this weekend.

I think my vote for Lewis isn't exactly going to make a great deal of difference since I think we can see who the overall winner is.

:D

Brogan said:
I'm struggling to understand how someone who qualified 11th, got up to 3rd and then finished 6th (would have been 5th if not for Webber and possibly 1st if not for his pitstop where he lost 4 places due to being held before he was released) can be chump of the weekend
It's because of the ifs and buts. In a car that won the race, Hamilton got himself embroiled in incidents he could have avoided. He has the nouse, the experience and the mad skillz to steer clear of such issues and later this season, when he regains his composure, we will see those attributes maximised.

Vettel would have finished first if his wheel had been put on properly. Button would've finished twelfth if his rear inters hadn't been shot. Webber could've won the race if he wasn't Webber.

Hamilton did drive from 11th to 6th, Alonso did drive from 19th to 4th, Button did drive from 19th to 1st.

genji said:
Hamilton got himself embroiled in incidents he could have avoided.
Again i don't see it.

He was held in the pits due to traffic - not his fault.
He was hit by Webber the first time - not his fault.
He was hit by Webber the second time - not his fault.

Like I said previously, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Brogan said:
genji said:
Hamilton got himself embroiled in incidents he could have avoided.
Again i don't see it.

He was held in the pits due to traffic - not his fault.
He was hit by Webber the first time - not his fault.
He was hit by Webber the second time - not his fault.

Like I said previously, we'll have to agree to disagree.
Don't want to argue about it and you're right about agreeing to disagree, but he hit Webber the first time on lap 16 and knocked him off course. I really don't want to keep this going but I think I can restate my opinion if you have yours. :thumbsup:

What I will say is - roll on Malaysia, when all of this will be consigned to the history books.

genji said:
Don't want to argue about it and you're right about agreeing to disagree, but he hit Webber the first time on lap 16 and knocked him off course.

Hamilton had the line and Webber broke way too late and never came close to making the corner, hitting Hamilton on the way past.

teabagyokel said:
genji said:
Don't want to argue about it and you're right about agreeing to disagree, but he hit Webber the first time on lap 16 and knocked him off course.

Hamilton had the line and Webber broke way too late and never came close to making the corner, hitting Hamilton on the way past.
Webber made the corner, just not the apex. Hamilton hit him and knocked him sideways, off the circuit. Webber was defensive and braked late. He was on the inside. He had the apex even if he couldn't slow down for it. Hamilton should have gone under him.

LOL

Looks like this thread will prove the most contraversial throughout the season.

I don't think there's any danger of Webber being over hauled before the poll closes.

I will start a seperate thread to table who was CTA Driver of the weekend and Chump of the weekend so we can see how it develops over the season.

At least it's provoked the sort of debate I was hoping for when I shamelessly pinched this idea from Martin Brundle thought of this idea when I was in bed this morning.

Mark outbraked himself and drove off the circuit, there is absolutely no way Mark could have stayed on the circuit. He was attempting to retake the place and Lewis did the only thing he could, which was give him a mass of space to hang himself.

Surely you can review the footage in a detached and dispassionate way and see that is what happened? Lewis tapping Mark was more a case of Mark glancing Lewis and had no effect on the outcome of this rather bold manuvre?

snowy said:
Surely you can review the footage in a detached and dispassionate way
:givemestrength:
There's no need for that, snowy. I wouldn't argue the toss if I hadn't done so. I have zero interest in bigging Webber up at Hamilton's expense. It's a matter of physics. If you bang into the left rear of a car and it's going to skew to the left. It's as clear as day on the overhead cam and even obvious from Hamilton's onboard cam:
Hamfail.jpg

Webber had tons of space on the outside and was round until Hamilton clipped him.

Ummm, not wanting to get into a protracted bun fight, but, at that speed, off line on a damp track...... Webber would have been keeping his guardian angel very busy to make it round the corner.

If Hamilton made contact enough to effect his balance it's sort of like saying that the spiked fence killed you after a 50 storey fall!

Whether it was Webberitis, Home crowd bigging up, or whatever, Webber was determined to cash in any half chances, and it just didn't work again

Hamfail.jpg

If the shot was a bit more to the right it might have made a good caption comp for rear wing on webbers car.

"Wide load comin Through"

Its has to be Webber for me for ploughing into hamilton on the penultimate lap. He made other mistakes too but actually recovered pretty well.

The idssussion about the earlier tangle well i personally thinks its something and nothing, Just a Racing incident

GeoffP said:
If Hamilton made contact enough to effect his balance it's sort of like saying that the spiked fence killed you after a 50 storey fall!

Best analogy ever! ROFL

:o Who voted Robert Kubica Chump of the weekend ???

That's got to be some mistake surely.

Whoever that was, justify yourself >:(

Back
Top Bottom