20 races in 2011

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Bernie Ecclestone has gone on record confirming that there will be 20 races next year once India joins the party.

Is this good for F1 and the fans or does it just prolong the agony with yet another new, flat, featureless circuit which is impossible to overtake on?

What about the teams and drivers? Is 20 races starting to stretch it a bit with regards to reliability, costs and workload?

Personally speaking I welcome more races but only if it doesn't start to impact on the racing and I would also prefer it to be on existing circuits which have been proven at providing a decent race.

We shall have to wait and see how Korea does later this year but if it's anything like the other "marina" based circuits then I don't hold out much hope.

I wonder a what point will most people stop giving a monkeys? You can have way too much of a good thing.

Let's face it, there are only a handful of tracks on the calendar that actually excite people and produce something of a race. The more that are introduced spread those tracks further and further apart until F1 can no longer sustain the interest of the casual viewer across a whole season.

Remember last years nightmare when we had a 3 week break mid-season which was bookended by Hungary and Valencia.

:givemestrength:

Well, I can see where in the calendar the expansion is going to come. With no testing till late February, November and maybe even December are open. I'd limit it at 20. And no countries getting the double bubble either.

There are 52 weeks in the year, with 40 between mid-Dec and early March. So we can have one a half-week average =20. That seems fine to me. But make them 20 quality rather than 20 Valencia, please, BE!

Back
Top Bottom