1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll Who will get the Williams 2nd seat?

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Greenlantern101, Sep 15, 2017.

?
  1. Massa

21.1%
  2. Di Resta

21.1%
  3. Palmer

10.5%
  4. Kubica

26.3%
  5. Other

21.1%
  1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    I agree, I said last year at retirement attempt number 1 that then I thought 2016 was 1 year too long although he had some highs this year, he is basically only at Williams as teacher to lance stroll

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 Williams have ended up in the same position as last year so really picking Massa as a stop gap was not really a good solution

4. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    IF Williams don't nominate a driver over 25 years old , would Martini consider pulling out sponsoring them?

5. Porceliamone

Porceliamone This cost me a tenner, but so L'Oreal. Contributor

On a slightly different but definitely Williams related note...I watched the Williams documentary at the weekend (you can catch it on Netflix now).

Inspiring, despairing, humorous and remarkably poignant in equal measure. Claire Williams had me welling up towards the end. What an extraordinary story, stuffed full with a myriad of emotions and complex relationships. They really tunnelled deep down into the nitty-gritty of the Williams F1 dynasty. No wonder many in the paddock still revere Frank, despite his faults which are in plain sight in the film.

I've always had a soft spot for the team and would love to see them at the top again. A brilliant must watch for any F1 fan, I can tell you.

Interesting fact: Did you know that Frank Williams still sleeps at the factory and rarely stays at his family home? Crazy.

Olivier, Galahad, teabagyokel and 2 others like this.
  6. gethinceri

gethinceri "suck my balls honey" Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Ron Dennis sleeps in a filing cabinet in a section labelled "Here there is Order", so there is a precedent for such albeit on another scale.

7. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Thanks for the tip Porceliamone. I've just watched the documentary. It's really engaging, emotional, sad at times and brings to light a lot of things that ordinarily you wouldn't think about when it comes to Frank Williams. I do too have a soft spot for them and wish them well. After all the last 2 Canadian drivers in F1 have driven for Williams. Claire is a really strong character just like her dad. It was nice to see former drivers talk about Williams. Also interesting to hear from Patrick Head and Frank Dernie. I had a chuckle when the latter was asked about the supposed preference for a British driver in '86. On that topic, I was very surprised with how Mansell presented himself in the film. Very composed, relatable, measured, ... the archetypal Englishman in every sense. And in my opinion he has aged more gracefully than Piquet. Anyway, I'm deviating. Great film, a must see for F1 fans.

Porceliamone likes this.
  8. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

According to Grande Premio, Massa retired again, because Williams didn’t want to renew his contract. His salary demands were too high and Williams will also lose two sponsors at the end of the season, namely Randstad and Avenade.

9. gethinceri

Featured Threads:
    Good, he's had a great F1 career and it frees up a seat in the midfield.

10. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Jenson and Rosberg last year. Massa this. Alonso next year? The old guard, who have kept all the seats locked out for last 10 years, are gradually going. I can see Hammy going in 2020 if the Merc drops off the front.

Kimi of course will be here forever.

teabagyokel and gethinceri like this.
  11. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If I was being paid millions of pounds I would stick around for as long as possible as well.

12. gethinceri

Featured Threads:
    Nobody's going to pay you Greenlantern101

13. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yeh I'd noticed. Despite being faster than Ericsson.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    RasputinLives likes this.
  14. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives That depends if there anymore scapegoats left to fire at Ferrari next one in line is Arrivabene then ....

Share This