Poll Who will get the Williams 2nd seat?

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Greenlantern101, Sep 15, 2017.

?
  1. Massa

21.1%
  2. Di Resta

21.1%
  3. Palmer

10.5%
  4. Kubica

26.3%
  5. Other

21.1%
  1. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    So what else are Williams waiting for ?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Money

4. RasputinLives

RasputinLives I was never cool at school. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    He won't beat anyone in a Williams.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  5. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    His team mate ?

6. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Ahhh second to last. The dream return.

7. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Why is everyone so negative. This is the feel good story of the decade for F1.

Go Rab.

8. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Everything in moderation Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Feel good yes but if it leads to the sad sight of one of F1's greatest 'what could have been' drivers mooching about the back of the field in a piece of junk Williams not managing to make a great impression on his young team mate and drawing comparisons to Massa's performance then it will be depressing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Kubica to come back and knock it out of the park but it remains to be seen if he can.

teabagyokel likes this.
  9. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    GO RAB

10. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Is the Williams really that bad? They haven't had a decent driver for it since Bottas. Would be with the Force Indias otherwise in my opinion.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  11. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fully agree. Is Kubica the man though? If Williams thought he was, surely he would have been signed up already. The fact that he has not been tells me he is not the man to bring Williams up the grid.

12. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I have to disagree. I think the Williams chassis has been the worst in the field for the last two seasons. I think they are over heavily reliant on the superiority of the Merc engine and have slipped back down the field this year when the others have caught up some.

Just think how awful the Williams has been in the wet for about 3 years now.

teabagyokel likes this.
  13. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    I don't know if it makes sense to divorce the chassis and engine. Ultimately one is no use without the other, and Williams will still have the engine next season. Certainly the chassis can't be much worse than the Haas, if at all, since there isn't a big difference between the engines there.

14. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Kubica will be a relatively cheap acquisition for Williams, given the publicity he will bring. It would seem to make sense, and the paddock will be better for having him back. Aside from the amazing story, he’s a nice chap, so bring him on. No one’s gonna suddenly drag Williams up the grid, but Kubica could probably do as good a job as anyone in the running, with more benefits.

15. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #dejavu Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Redesigning the car around a driver with reduced mobility is only appropriate with a guarantee of results.

Otherwise, Wehrlein.

Andyoak likes this.
  16. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Well apparently Oliver Rowland has claimed he is talking to Williams as well which suddenly suggests the issue is Martini want a driver over 25 years old and they aint budging on that which is making things difficult for Williams given the choices of drivers over that age

I don't see Wehrlein getting the seat unless Williams get free engines and the latest spec

17. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    No Ollie Rowland would be a great choice but I just can't see it happening.

18. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Oli Rowland would be amazing but he has absolutely no backing sponsorship wise so will end up in Formula E where you Don't need a budget to go racing.

19. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives As probably part of the Renault team probably if he is not doing Super Formula.

I would presume if Williams were to pick him he would be only be on loan from Renault who are still paying his wages unless he does want to sever ties with them?

20. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Williams chasing Russian money - Sirotkin now favourite for 2018 Williams drive

21. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    RasputinLives FB Apparently to get around the issue with Martini , Williams are going to make Rowland Friday driver then if they go for Sirotkin. Interestingly then Williams have signed two Renault reserve drivers.

It probably explains why Kubica was not selected , Di Resta was never in the running and Sky have gone all quiet about shouting about it.

This leaves Williams with their most inexperienced driver line up on the grid next season and probably still the worst driver line up. They are in danger this year of seriously finishing last in the constructors in 2018

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice