Poll Who will get the Williams 2nd seat?

Who will get the Williams seat next to Stroll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feel good yes but if it leads to the sad sight of one of F1's greatest 'what could have been' drivers mooching about the back of the field in a piece of junk Williams not managing to make a great impression on his young team mate and drawing comparisons to Massa's performance then it will be depressing.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Kubica to come back and knock it out of the park but it remains to be seen if he can.

Fully agree. Is Kubica the man though? If Williams thought he was, surely he would have been signed up already. The fact that he has not been tells me he is not the man to bring Williams up the grid.

I have to disagree. I think the Williams chassis has been the worst in the field for the last two seasons. I think they are over heavily reliant on the superiority of the Merc engine and have slipped back down the field this year when the others have caught up some.

Just think how awful the Williams has been in the wet for about 3 years now.

I don't know if it makes sense to divorce the chassis and engine. Ultimately one is no use without the other, and Williams will still have the engine next season. Certainly the chassis can't be much worse than the Haas, if at all, since there isn't a big difference between the engines there.

Kubica will be a relatively cheap acquisition for Williams, given the publicity he will bring. It would seem to make sense, and the paddock will be better for having him back. Aside from the amazing story, he’s a nice chap, so bring him on. No one’s gonna suddenly drag Williams up the grid, but Kubica could probably do as good a job as anyone in the running, with more benefits.

Well apparently Oliver Rowland has claimed he is talking to Williams as well which suddenly suggests the issue is Martini want a driver over 25 years old and they aint budging on that which is making things difficult for Williams given the choices of drivers over that age

I don't see Wehrlein getting the seat unless Williams get free engines and the latest spec

Oli Rowland would be amazing but he has absolutely no backing sponsorship wise so will end up in Formula E where you Don't need a budget to go racing.

RasputinLives As probably part of the Renault team probably if he is not doing Super Formula.

I would presume if Williams were to pick him he would be only be on loan from Renault who are still paying his wages unless he does want to sever ties with them?

RasputinLives FB Apparently to get around the issue with Martini , Williams are going to make Rowland Friday driver then if they go for Sirotkin. Interestingly then Williams have signed two Renault reserve drivers.

It probably explains why Kubica was not selected , Di Resta was never in the running and Sky have gone all quiet about shouting about it.

This leaves Williams with their most inexperienced driver line up on the grid next season and probably still the worst driver line up. They are in danger this year of seriously finishing last in the constructors in 2018

Back
Top Bottom