Poll Who will get the Williams 2nd seat?

Who will get the Williams seat next to Stroll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kubica has been out of F1 for 6 years so and he was driving 2014 cars which were much less physically demanding until the test after Abu Dhabi where he got into a 2017 which are going to be tougher to drive.

The times suggests he was not way in front of Lance Stroll's times nor he was faster than Sirotkin when the fuel and tyre corrected were put into consideration

Also his insurance paid out on his injury ending his F1 career and this whole thing has been dependent on him negotiating some sort of settlement. Not heard that any agreement has been come to. Guess now there is no need.

Sirotkin actually had decent pace in GP2 in the end. He out paced the likes of Rowland and Gasly in 2015 for instance. He will be forever tainted though by his backers trying to shove him in a Sauber when he was 17. It meant he never got time to develop outside of the spotlight.

He won't be faster than Stroll though. Like in every series he's been in Lance will take it up a notch in his second season. Of course taking it up a notch in a Williams will mean 13th place or something which, whilst everyone is still under the delusion that Williams are a top F1 team and he has and under rated pay driver as a team mate, won't be good enough to stop everyone saying he's crap.

Last edited:
Are Williams following the pattern of garagerists like Lotus, Brabham and Tyrrell before them? Sad to watch a once great team in what appears to be almost terminal decline. Let's hope next years car, with the influence of Paddy Lowe, will be better than this years.

I'm sure everyone will be able to draw there own conclusions about it all like they've done this year.

Edit - actually if you'd read my post you'd have seen I stated no one would be able to tell.

Last edited:
Williams won't announce 2nd driver until January:o:facepalm:. This is getting ridiculous:please:

It seems Martini might not be as influential within the team. Are Williams going to be sold to the Russians one day because I just can't see them progressing back to the front with the team make up they have now

Williams used to be my favourite team in the Mansel days. Had a soft spot for them since. But if they go for a Russian pay driver. It is just totally done for me. No better or more special than any back of the grid grey dish water team. Meh whatever.

sorokin is good driver did well in gp2 2 3rd places in 2015 & 2016 should've won in 2016 but for 3 retiremnts in 1st 4 races & a shocker at Silverstone cost him big time. I think he will really impress next season if he gets the seat

without wanting to take this down the budget cap route. i don't know why fans are so surprised or upset that Williams are taking pay drivers, I don't blame them 1 bit. this has been happening for years now because so obvious to me, couldnt believe their are so many blind or naive f1 fans on the facebook page, because until the unsustainable budgets are reduced by least 50% + this will keep happening just look at gp2 lost count of talented drivers who won the title or top3 who hit a glass ceiling because they don't have sponsorship. a budget cap has been needed for at least 5 years because f1 has become far too expensive. I did some research if you combine constructors top 3 budgets. you will get around to a billion dollars just for 20 races. that comes to around 10m dollars per session, thats before you talk about the other 7 teams budget like haas who have spent $120m to finished 7th in constructors

The only driver who has not brought significant sponsorship with them to the team in recent times was Bottas. So it's really nothing new. I think you have to go back to Barrichello/Hulkenberg to find a pairing they had chosen on driver talent alone. Of course bringing a budget does not mean a driver doesn't have talent as well. People tend to forget that.

Sam Bird reckons he has no chance of getting into F1 as every driver needs a 15m a year budget at least.

Ridiculous situation given some of the talented drivers if Williams did hire them would have probably helped finish higher in the constructors championship.

Williams situation is a sad state of affairs given we are talking one of the most iconic teams of F1 - still 3rd I think in the all time race wins list so to be reduced to this sorry situation is really a sad to see

Back
Top Bottom