Television Whats on TV?

I'm getting quite into "Banished" on BBC2 every Thursday. It's about a group of convicts and their guards fighting to survive after exile to Australia. Very good story and well filmed.

Some women like a man to be a man and do all the opening of the door stuff and throwing his cloak on a puddle...

That's just good manners from one person to another.

I open doors for others, sadly I don't have a cloak, but I do see children and old folk across the road if that is needed and I sometimes fetch goods from a high shelf for the short of stature.

I can't speak for others but most women of my generation only want to be seen 'as equal and as worthy' as any man.

One for the ladies and the more intelligent male - "Suffragettes Forever"

I have reflected on the comments received as a result of my post and would say to those who took issue - "welcome to a woman's world"

Anyone been watching "Fortitude" on Sky? I'm finding it really rather gripping, and still don't quite have a handle on where exactly it's headed. Think "Twin Peaks" without the humour...

Jen, thanks for tarring every man with the same brush. I'm off to watch "Loose women" which, as I do not hold a degree will be pitched more at my academic leval.

:(

That's just good manners from one person to another.
Absolutely. I hold doors for men and women, help old folks and young kids with undone shoelaces, carry stuff to cars, all that stuff. It's just being a good neighbor. And if people get offended by good manners, I have only this to say: the only commonality in all those cases where you've been offended is you.

There is a good chance I would give my seat up on a bus for a woman depending how I was feeling but there is bugger all chance I would give my seat up for a bloke and also bugger all chance that a woman would give her seat up for a bloke or another woman and you can't legislate for that...

There is a good chance I would give my seat up on a bus for a woman depending how I was feeling but there is bugger all chance I would give my seat up for a bloke and also bugger all chance that a woman would give her seat up for a bloke or another woman and you can't legislate for that...
My mom and sister gave up their seats all the time, for any man or woman who looked like they needed it more. My sister doesn't anymore because she's pretty much crippled from a motorcycle wreck, but mom, who's in her late 50s, still does.

I'm talking about people that do not have any disability I would give up my seat instantly for anyone that does be them male or female in fact I did so just the other day..

But I thought we were talking about equality between men and women, which is something I have no difficulty with as I have always thought of women as my equal and in some cases better than me, sure I make sexist jokes but so do women and I laugh at those as well, jokes about men certainly do not offend me.

This country has a Queen you know, not that I give a shit about the Royal family..

Last edited:
Freeview has recently gained the excellent addition of Horror Channel. :D

Whilst I'm loving the nostalgia of series' such as "The Incredible Hulk" and "Doctor Who", I noticed the channel features a film called 'The Rats'...

This has inspired me to re-read the James Herbert book, The Rats...
(I know that this film and the book are not related, but .. :dontmentionit:)

Before I go in search of my copies of the James Herbert trilogy, Rats, Lair & Domain, let me leave you with this thought...Later, I will be watching a film on the Horror Channel called "Bare Behind Bars". :ermmm:

I'm curious about what could be horrible about that... :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Creed and 48 are my two favourite James Herbert books. How neither have been made into films is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom