Television Whats on TV?

Brogan We have been watching that and trying to make up our minds whether it is good or not, but each week so far we come back and try it again. I think now we know what the back story is from the last episode it may be easier to make up our minds as to whether it is any good as we no longer have the "trying to work out wtf is happening" factor...

Indeed.

The latest episode apparently laid it all bare but now I can't help thinking it's even less plausible than before and there is more going on than was explained.

Did anyone watch "Humans" last night on Channel 4. I've recorded it but haven't got around to watching it yet so I was just wondering if it was any good?

It looked good int the trailers but you can never tell.

I've also recorded to watch it later (when I have the time).

It seemed a bit "B rate" to me from the trailers but I'll give it a try for at least 5 minutes.

Yeah, I think it could either be a gem punching above its TV weight or a clunker trying too hard to be 'movie' weight.

I'll give it a fair crack though. It reminds me of an Isaac Asimov type of story which should be really cool but Lord knows even his brilliant writing has been buggered up royaly when made into flims (See Bicentennial Man or I-Robot for example).

Really enjoying Humans. Episode 2 developed the story nicely and their are some realy interesting plot strands appearing. Worth catching if you've not seen it yet.

Still on the planner for "later".

After three nights we finally finished watching The Hobbit.
Which doesn't sound too bad until you realise it's just the first movie :D

So might give Humans a look tonight actually.

I tried Humans.

Made it through the first episode but gave up by the first few minutes of the second episode.
The mother character has put me off the whole series - paranoid, whining, crying, whingebag.

Virgin phoned me the other day and offered to upgrade me to 100 meg broadband plus BT sports and some other stuff for four quid per month for six months and then it goes up to the normal price but I can cancel it if I don't want it so I said okay.

I've just checked my tivo box and they have programmed it without my consent to record a load of programs they thought I might want to watch the bloody thing was full of crap I will never watch I've just spent the last three quarters of an hour cleaning it out, bunch of bloody chancers they are.

Last edited:
Brogan, episode 2 was worth it alone for the Hooker-bot telling a client she wasn't going to do what he asked and then going rogue.

Nope, but some would.

As for your Tivo box mate. You can turn that setting off but I had to google it. It's a pain in the ass. Notice the thumbs up / down above the programs you watch. The things you watch a lot get more thumbs and then the system will save them in a seperate memory area. It doesn't use up your own storage space but it does piss you off.

Back
Top Bottom