Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

Alonso is now saying he's had six offers from Red Bull, two of them this year. Now I'm wondering if they offered him a drive, or a can of their drink :snigger:
Six offers and of course he declined in 2011 and 2013, because he only wanted to win the WDC in an inferior Ferrari. He fears Vettel more than Hamilton judging from his comments of the past few years.

6 offers for Red Bull - 2011 and 2013 both times I believe Webber was still first option despite the best attempts of Helmut to unseat him

Perez ain't going anywhere. I would be stunned if McLaren did not go for either Vandorne or Norris for next year. If Norris is not in next year he'll be in the year after so what would be the point of signing someone new?

I heard talk that Sergio Sette Camara is being considered for Torro Rosso seat next season. He was in the Red Bull junior programme until the begining of this year and since then has had a pretty good year in F2. It would be Red Bull going back on itself but not really by much. He is certainly a decent driver and is unlucky that he's having a real good season in F2 in the year where they have the class of the likes of Russell, Norris and Albon. In a different year he would have been class of the field.

Also I guess we should really talk about Anton Hubert at some point being as he is a Renault junior and having such a strong year in GP3.

F1 needs more seats.

Last edited:
Isn't that one reason why F1 is so ****ed up?
Camara considered for a seat when he's 6th in the F2 standings.
F1 needs the seats filled with the best drivers in the world, whether that's 22 or 32.

I agree but nearly all the young drivers have affiliation to teams now meaning there off limits to other teams. With the exception of Alexander Albon, who crazily is constantly looked over, Sette Camara is the highest performing driver in the F2 catogry that is free from Torro Rosso to sign up.

So what's going on with all these moves before Monza that we were told about? If nothing's happened yet I can't see it happening before the next race now.

It's not happening. It created a lot of column inches talking about it though :)

As McLaren don't want Ocon and the Strolls want to keep Merc sweet for the moment I don't think Lance's move will happen until the close season. Therefore everyone stays where they are.

Isn't that one reason why F1 is so ****ed up?
Camara considered for a seat when he's 6th in the F2 standings.
F1 needs the seats filled with the best drivers in the world, whether that's 22 or 32.
He's undoubtedly one of the best drivers in F2. He's 6th because he retired from two races (one electrical, one engine failure), been disqualified once (underfueled) and wasn't given permission to start in the two Monaco races due to a hand injury. Only judging by the standings is very superficial and doesn't necessarily reflect a drivers performance.

Edit: He'd easily be on par with Lando Norris and ahead of Albon (currently 3rd), if it weren't for all those issues.

Last edited:
It's pointed out in the article that Ericsson has come into a bit of form - 3 points finishes in 5 races - just as Leclerc has dipped a little. He's bringing home some bacon at the moment and think team are quite please with him.

Back
Top Bottom