Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

I was talking to a friend about F1, we were discussing the irony of 2 french Drivers both who on based on 2 good races this season. gasly got a promotion & grosjean likely the sack

Also leclerc has got to wonder. He almost been driver of the season so far. Yet its not good enough & gasly get a drive through being the only person in RB academy available

F1Brits_90 - I don’t think Leclerc would ever have been a candidate for the Red Bull drive, due to his Ferrari connections; unfortunately, the way Red Bull operate is through their academy system; outside of that, no-one has a chance.

F1Brits_90 - I don’t think Leclerc would ever have been a candidate for the Red Bull drive, due to his Ferrari connections; unfortunately, the way Red Bull operate is through their academy system; outside of that, no-one has a chance.

Of course red bull only go for academy drivers. But more he's got to be privately angry with ferrari if they stay with kimi. Because i really dont realistically see what he couldve done more. Over the season but gasly has 2 good races & gets a promotion

I don't think Leclerc ever thought he'd get the Ferrari seat straight out the blocks. He'll know his history and how they bed their drivers in. The fact they are looking to upgrade him from Sauber to Haas speaks volumes.

I was talking to a friend about F1, we were discussing the irony of 2 french Drivers both who on based on 2 good races this season. gasly got a promotion & grosjean likely the sack

Also leclerc has got to wonder. He almost been driver of the season so far. Yet its not good enough & gasly get a drive through being the only person in RB academy available
Could be perhaps it is about more than just cut and dry stats. Words like career potential could be in the play (among others).

Gasly is at the right place at the right time - no other contenders for the seat and the only other person Sainz - Red Bull don't want to risk him and Verstappen having a rivalry that would implode the team more than Webber and Vettel tried to do

LeClerc whilst he has kept his modesty, you wonder if the two new bosses at Ferrari are actually calling the shots or being dictated. Marchionne was more his own man and let everyone knew he was in charge. Ferrari / Vettel have no excuses left if they don't secure the drivers or constructors title in the next 2.5 years . Then lets see who gets the chopping block which will be brutal when it comes to falling out at Ferrari

Ricciardo - his shock decision has already created disharmony at Red Bull so don;t be surprised if he was going to be treated as No 2 driver. Helmut is already coming out with more money or does not trust the Honda engine. They are really kicking him to the kerb so to speak. I hope Daniel leaves with a bigger smile at the end of the season if he beats Max

Red bull being brutal is no surprise it the reason they are in the mess of toro rosso currently

Screenshot_20180823-205259.jpg

Both not be this yr. As ted said about a question alonso got about if he wanted a crystal ball. But he said when you have a offer from red bull or ferrari in 2008. You would always go ferrari as who could see newey & red bull domination coming. Of course 1 could be this yr as he is quality but why would alonso go back to honda, he wants to win indy 500 & WEC

Alonso is now saying he's had six offers from Red Bull, two of them this year. Now I'm wondering if they offered him a drive, or a can of their drink :snigger:

Talking to your manager ( that crook Flavio - I presume) is different from having a firm offer on the table ie a written contract like Ricciardo had

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom