Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

Discussion in 'Formula One Discussion' started by Rutherford, Sep 17, 2017.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Its not been talked about anywhere but i like to seem sebastian buemi in that 2nd red bull seat as for me for a few years he has been the best driver outside F1. As he is always quality in Formula E where he has thrashed his teammate for 3 years & always great a le mans

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 - STR/Red Bull’s response would probably be “been there, done that, didm’t Make the grade....”

4. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    But wasnt Brendan Hartley part of that response too & buemi for me. Was a big mistake But not every driver is an early bloomer vettel & max are the expections.

5. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 Maybe if Renault get their act together someone might suggest put Buemi in their car. I thought Prost might have an influence with Renault to sway things

6. Angel

Angel Points Scorer Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Looks like Gasly is the one most likely to take Ricciardo's seat at Red Bull in 2019, not really a shock is it? They usually promote from Toro Rosso and he has been doing a good job so far this season. How will Max react to having another fast young man a his team mate? He seems to be their number one priority right now, but for how long?

So what will happen with Sainz? McLaren seems to be about his only real option now I suspect. I know there are other drives up for grabs like at Williams or Haas maybe, but I can't see him fitting in either of those teams somehow.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  7. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

Kimi for one more year?

8. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Il_leone I really like Hulkenburg best driver to never step on a podium or get a shot at a big team, so with riccardio its a closed shop now at Renault.

Gasly I just dont think he's ready just yet, when you think of some of the drivers that never got shot a big team people who have outperformed season after season. including the guy above, for gasly to get a red bull seat of the back of 2 races when outside of Bahrain & Hungary he not finished in the points

9. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-need-better-race-car-to-risk-young-drivers/

Is this an indication Alonso might stay ? Brown admits Mclaren won;t run two young drivers so that would mean a combination of Sainz and Norris is probably out of the question

10. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    F1Brits_90 In favour of Gasly's favour is his knowledge of the Honda engine. To me if Red Bull don't promote Sainz it is :censored: daft because the moment Helmut chose those two to start at the same time there may come at a point where both end up in the senior team if they are that good .

Sainz needs to sever his ties because Verstappen seems to be the preferred one ever since they started

Gasly is able to show what he can do this season when the circuit allows the car to do so which is non power circuits

Hopefully Renault come good for the Hulk to get on the podium - might get a chance to really show his abilities - something Perez should be regretting now

11. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Possible scenario:

1. Kimi stays at Ferrari
    2. Gasly to Red Bull
    3. Alonso stays at McLaren
    4. Ocon to McLaren
    5. Perez stays at Force India
    6. Stroll to Force India
    7. Leclerc stays at Sauber
    8. Ericson stays at Sauber
    9. Haas stays the same
    10. Sainz is left dangling with the only possibility being Williams.
    11. Van Doorne is out.
    12. Only new driver moving up would be to Toro Rosso or Williams ($$$).

12. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

Is there similarity between Sauber and Force India? Both teams having financial backers of drivers who might not be exactly crème de la crème on the grid. I am not convinced that this is soooo good for the F1.

13. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Alonso off to Indycar then. I will miss his bitching on the radio. LOL

14. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Happy to be me again Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think i made my views on Fernando and F1 clear at the begining of the season. I hope his seat gets filled by someone young and exciting.

15. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    With a bit of personality.

16. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

Several of his peers marked him as a divisive person on a team. I gather then not everyone can stomach his "personality".

17. Ruslan

Ruslan Rookie

Well, this probably leaves a place for Sainz or Van Doorne, as I suspect Ocon will be heading over to McLaren.

Silly season is starting to get lively.

The Pits likes this.
  18. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

Unconfirmed: 9 drivers
    RBR - 1 seat
    FI - 2 seats
    Haas - 2 seats
    McLaren - 2 seats
    Williams - 2 seats

19. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Ruslan

Landon Norris will almost certainly be in one of the McLaren seats. Personally, I’d move heaven and earth to jet Jenson Button back in the car, but Carlos Sainz will probably be in the other!

20. Izumi

Izumi Test Driver

Forgot Raikonnen, however despite rumors he has signed with Ferrari already until end of 2020, it was not confirmed as far as I know.

21. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    FI, realistically, only has one seat at Team Stroll will be taking one of them. There's a rumour Lance might be moved in to replace or swap seats with Ocon during the summer break.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice