Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

I think that was a dead cert seeing how Fernando has been saying for years he'd be a perfect replacement for him. I'm not sure I fancy Carlos's chances with the current set up though.

Lando Norris will either stay in F2 if he does not win the title or be in F1 if he does

Basically Vandoorne has 9 races to prove his case

If I was Spanish sponsors I'd be clambering to get my name on Mclaren with the only Spanish driver left in F1. Has anyone at Mclaren tried speaking to Telefonica Movistar who will no longer sponsor the factory Yamaha team in Moto GP?

So Mclaren will either go with no continuity in picking Norris given the last time they did that in 2007 they actually should have won both titles with Hamilton and Alonso

or choose Vandoorne because there is at least some continuity to help design the car . The sooner Mclaren get James Key in the better.... does anyone think Peter Prodomou is overrated because he is a lucky man to be still at Mclaren?

Last edited:
well that means Ghastly will get promoted to Red Bull - no one is expecting him to beat Verstappen but if he does that could get interesting

From reading that we can pretty much confirm Lance Stroll and Sergio Perez at Force (Stroll) India next season which leaves Ocon in a very odd place. I'd be surprised to see him at McLaren but maybe it's more of an option than I thought.

Izumi It's a play on the phrase Knock On effect - which means something that happens because something else happened. Like dominos falling.

Knock on sounds like Ocon. Hence Ocon effect. It's vintly making a joke.

Possible scenario:

1. Kimi stays at Ferrari
2. Gasly to Red Bull
3. Alonso stays at McLaren
4. Ocon to McLaren
5. Perez stays at Force India
6. Stroll to Force India
7. Leclerc stays at Sauber
8. Ericson stays at Sauber
9. Haas stays the same
10. Sainz is left dangling with the only possibility being Williams.
11. Van Doorne is out.
12. Only new driver moving up would be to Toro Rosso or Williams ($$$).

Revised scenario:

Pretty certain:
1. Kimi stays at Ferrari
2. Gasly to Red Bull
3. Sainz to McLaren
4. Perez stays at Force India
5. Stroll to Force India
6. Ericson stays at Sauber
7. Sirtokin stays at Williams

Available seats:
1. McLaren seat: Ocon? Norris? Vandoorne?
2. Sauber seat: Leclerc? Vandoorne?
3. Haas #1 seat: Grosjean?
4. Haas #2 seat: Magnussen?
5. Williams #1 seat: ???
6. Toro Rosso #1: Someone in the Red Bull system?
7. Toro Rosso #2: Someone in the Red Bull system?

I gather Ocon and Leclerc will have a seat somewhere. Vandoorne or one of the two Haas drivers are in danger of not having a seat.

Back
Top Bottom