Music The Music Thread

Discussion in 'Apex Lounge' started by McZiderRed, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    :(

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I double that Olivier to :( :(

She is more than deserving of at least one encore so:

FB likes this.
  4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Sad loss at such a young age.

5. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

An old new fave...
    Just coz it's great...

cider_and_toast and gethinceri like this.
  6. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I saw the remaining Blockheads live in Wolverhampton a couple of years ago with the comedian Phil Jupitus standing in for the late, great Ian Dury. They played the whole of 'New Boots and Panties' and other hits. I have to say, it was a great night out.

7. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

I was all geared up to see one of his last shows (Ross on Wye International... 2001?)... Had to cancel through poor health: replaced with Steve Harley, who did a storming show including a couple of Dury covers as compensation.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  8. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Came across this song. Even thought the lyrics are rather pensive, the rhythm is upbeat. When I heard it I couldn't put a finger where the band came from, but I was sure from somewhere is the US East coast. Maybe they have influences down there but they are actually from Sydney. Hip Hop lovers rejoice

9. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Grimes my new favourite artist. I might of accidentally bought 4 albums in the last few weeks. :embarrassed:

10. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I've been feeling very bright and breezy by listening to Aztec Camera's album, Love.

11. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    FB_IMG_1522497924339.jpg

12. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Not many about sex with hobbits though...

13. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Big fan of chvrches & love their new song "get out" straight back on it after hits from 1st album the mother we share, empty threat, recover & lies

See i do have credible music tastes outside katy perry & taylor swift ;) LOL

14. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Due to circumstances at work finished 3 hrs earlier than usual. So was home in time to watch "sounds like Friday night" which i watched out of curiosity as lm fan of greg james. Heard this. Ive never heard of halsey or even knew who she was. Beforehand but min in. I was hooked thinking this is a tune. Im usually a grower before i like something

15. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Get down your local record shop on 21st April and pick up some new rarities on vinyl.

Home - Record Store Day

16. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Was watching pointless which ended up me researching & Finding a great fact that crazy frog has more Uk Number 1 singles than Bob Marley, The Who, Bruce Springsteen. Because crazy frog had 1 the other 3 never achieved the feat

Just to redeem myself. I do like the new Florence and the machine stuff

17. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Looking forward to biggest weekend this bank holiday with Radio 1, 2, 3 & 6 music joining together in 4 locations. Ill be amazed if you cant find 1 act you like in the list

For me looking forward to noel gallagher stereophonics & Emeli sande from R2. ill be mainly on the radio 1 weekend in Swansea, with too many to mention but chvurches & certainly Taylor swift who i dont mind admitting ive got her album & its great

BBC Music Presents The Biggest Weekend

18. cider_and_toast

Featured Threads:
    So the director thought, let's take a young American actress, dress her up as Japanese Manga character and then have her sing a classic British new wave song "Turning Japanese" 'cause the song is about Japan right ??

I think someone needed to check what the song is actually about LOL

19. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Well I didn't know what it meant before reading the explanation on The Vapors – Turning Japanese Lyrics | Genius Lyrics. But then, I am not a director.

20. Ruslan

Ruslan Points Scorer

Well, the song really doesn't mean what many people think it means. I have their original album and the song writer had a strong interest in Japan, with songs like "Letter from Hiro," among other subjects.

It was a decent album with interesting lyrics.

21. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Only right today to post the greatest football song. its 22 years old & i cant help but still feel optimistic despite everything, everytime i listen

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice