Music The Music Thread

as its that time of the year, what everyones favourite Christmas song, because I like wizaard slade & wham but Mariah carey really does get me in the Christmas sprirt

or maybe this one which is Eurovision meets christmas :whistle:LOL

A question for all you audiophiles. It's not very often an album hasn't got at least one song on it you can't stand but do you have any albums where you don't skip anything? I'll kick you off with Animals by Pink Floyd, although as a "concept album" the songs should all work together. That said, I can't stand Money on Dark Side of the Moon or Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 on The Wall.

The other album I never skip a track on is Kick by Inxs.

Hmmm, that's a tickler FB I agree with you on Animals.
If I'm listening to vinyl I usually listen to an entire side without skipping.....unless the record does it for me (I haven't looked after all of them).
Those I fell inlove with in my early teens usually get a full listen, such as In Through The Out Door (guilt secret, my favourite Led Zep album) and any album by the Psychedelic Furs.

Oooh tough one.

The first one that springs to mind is Amused to Death by Roger Waters. All the songs on there are great. I'm going to have to give it some more thought.

I am the stereotypical modern music millennial, as I'm the guy who goes has a pick & mix because on my ipod. I normally go few from that album & few from that. like even on foo fighters I only had 7/8 off there greatest hits. to such an extent that when I got ella eyres only album feline in 2015. it was real surprise I was listening to it to see which ones id take onto my ipod. every song yeah like that like that. til we got to the end

OK Computer - I used to skip tracks on this (Climbing Up The Walls, Electionering) but the older it got the more I started to appreciate it as a whole.

Oh and Ben Folds Rockin' The Suburbs album never gets a skip either.

A question for all you audiophiles. It's not very often an album hasn't got at least one song on it you can't stand but do you have any albums where you don't skip anything? I'll kick you off with Animals by Pink Floyd, although as a "concept album" the songs should all work together. That said, I can't stand Money on Dark Side of the Moon or Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 on The Wall.

I like Kick myself. Off the top of my head Thriller and MTV Unplugged in NY (Nirvana's unplugged for short)

a couple of songs that i forgot to mention at the appropriate time & im not waiting 11 months to post for it to become relevant LOL.

that the johnny mathis song which was nice but i heard in a new way this year because 3 weeks ago listening everything normal & then this speech bit that ive seemingly missed for 15 years started (all of this happens because the world is waiting, Waiting for 1 child. Black, white, yellow, no-one knows. But a child that will grow up & turn tears to laughter, Hate to love, war to peace & everyone to everyone's neighbour & misery and suffering will be words to be forgotten) & i thought what lovely message to send at Christmas & has moved up my personal chart

Tim Minchin white wine in sun, which gave me a reality check this Christmas. because Christmas was great this year. i got everyone presents they loved well thought out every yr but i felt underwhelmed by some presents as they asked for a list 6 weeks before & with likes of JB or webbers autobiography , mclaren/Williams film or few stand up dvds never anything expensive. & i got 1 thing i asked for sean lock stand up. the song its made me remember that its not the presents but who spend it with which is hugely important thing

& finally taylor swift song. new years day from the new album, which i dont mind admitting made me a bit emonital towards the end :teary: with lyrics like
"Hold on to the memories, they will hold on to you"
"Please don't ever become a stranger whose laugh I could recognize anywhere"

----------------------------------------------

dont worry i will post more upbeat stuff next time :whistle:LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom