Music The Music Thread

Discussion in 'Apex Lounge' started by McZiderRed, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Thanks FB. We had a fabulous system until 2007 it even included a record deck. It was quite ancient though and had no way of playing CD’s. So as we were moving we got rid of it, mores the pity. The new vinyl ere hadn’t really kicked of at that stage.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

You also get the pleasure of supporting a company who when they did pay £20 million in taxes also got £20 million in government grants.>:(

4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Bill Boddy - not to derail the thread but I suspect there isn't a company selling products in any sphere who isn't "playing the game" on taxes. In the business realm I'm involved with a company factors all its orders via a Swiss shell business on products made in the UK. These are sold at "cost plus" to the Swiss business and then invoiced at full price to ensure they pay as little tax in the UK as possible. These are goods made in the UK and then sold to another UK company, they never get near Swistzerland.

I accept your point that companies should pay the taxes that are due but they are nearly all at it.

5. Bill Boddy

That does not make it right, especially as we are the customers and can force the, to change their ways. Alas, we are too stupid to see as far as the end of our noses.

6. Bill Boddy

To get back to music, the death of Michel Legrand was sad but he left us with some great songs including this:

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  7. Titch

Titch Smile Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    I love that song.

8. Bill Boddy

Well, I don't think that there is anything which is, in pop, better Titch. Maybe it's because she's a jazz singer.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    does feel like this song could sum up brexit fiasco. as i heard it in the car

Ask me no questions, I will tell you no lies
    Careful what you wish for
    We're looking for angels in the darkest of skies

looking for light inside an ocean of night

I need you to know I'm not asking for a miracle

10. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I nominate this for the theme tune to Brexit:

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  11. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    i thought re arranging deckchairs on the titanic was already been used for whatever left if Theresa May teflon government

cider_and_toast likes this.
  12. Bill Boddy

I would reply to that but someone might tell me to play a different song.:tea:

RasputinLives likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice