The 2013 Season

Can I say two things firstly Vettels so called 'double cross'. Not a double cross. A double cross implied he agreed to not overtake Webber in the first place. He didn't. The team told him not too and at no point did he say "ok guys", he ignored them and did it anyway. So not a double cross just a ermmm....cross?

Secondly if Merc are not on front running pace this weekend then it means nothing where the tests are concerned and might I add that as they have had the same amount of in season testing time as all the other teams then its even right? They just tested earlier than everyone else.

I don't understand the negativity towards the 2013 season to be honest. So one guy is winning it? Doesn't that happen every year? Just because you don't happen to like him doesn't mean its boring.

Last edited:
Can I say two things firstly Vettels so called 'double cross'. Not a double cross. A double cross implied he agreed to not overtake Webber in the first place. He didn't. The team told him not too and at no point did he say "ok guys", he ignored them and did it anyway. So not a double cross just a ermmm....cross?
The team told him not to overtake, you say he didn't agree to this. Do you have that on record? Webber's attitude to Vettel after the race indicated without any doubt that an agreement had been made between the team and drivers before the race, based on their positions after the last pit stops, and Vettel clearly broke that agreement.
What concerns me and no doubt Webber also, is the number of silly little car failures he's suffering at critical times during GP weekends. The Ill feeling between Webber and Vettel since their falling out clearly still exists and I'm left wondering whether Webbers lack of reliability since then is a convenient way for the team to keep them separated on track.

Last edited:
I'm really not keen on conspiracy theories, some of the daftest ones came from when Lewis and Jenson were team mates and none of them held water, so meh, if a team screws a driver they screw themselves, it doesn't make any sense...

Last edited:
Fair comment Mephistopheles. The reason it makes sense for me is Red Bull won't want Vettels chance of becoming a four time back to back champion ruined. Whether that makes sense depends on how deep you believe the ill feeling runs between Vettel and Webber. There is a history of them coming together in the past and I would suggest the ill feeling is far deeper now than it has been and I'm sure the team will be aware of that.

Yeah but Mark is leaving and team orders are allowed, I don't think Mark is the type of guy to be belligerent enough to get in Vettel's way not at this stage in his career, he is to honest for that...

Mephistopheles - I'm not suggesting Webber would intentionally take Vettel out, just make things difficult for him, squeeze him so he has to take risks, much as he did in Turkey 2010. I just feel there's too much history between them to ignore. Something else to consider is Webber's long friendship with Alonso. I'm certain Webber would be the first to congratulate Alonso if he was able to beat Vettel to the championship this year. I'm not so sure he would show the same enthusiasm for Vettel, the team yes, but not his teammate.

Last edited:
Mephistopheles

Kewee
Maybe you need to ask Helmut Marko if he thinks Mark Webber tried to sabotage Vettel's races

RasputinLives

Webber " Multi 21 Seb what happened ?"

- a NZ press labelled it Vettel throws Webber under a bus

He double crossed his team.. if only they had crashed down the pit straight then I think Vettel would have looked like the biggest idiot in the world
-------------------------

If Vettel was fighting really hard to win races every weekend then I don;t think people would have complaints but they are pretty bored of him disappearing after lap 1 into the distance

Now people might say Senna was no different but he had Prost and Mansell constantly to contend with plus he was driving a manual gearbox and you could see the effort he puts in

The other thing is its very easy to make a mistake and get away with it ... a very trips is usually onto a run off area and then the drivers can resume their race again... I do miss the gravel traps to punish driver errors as such

=----------------
Seemingly Seb never has problems with his car or they always seems fixed whereas Webber's always happens at the wrong moment..that was the first time last week Webber has had a moan about car failure at the time.

The team told him not to overtake, you say he didn't agree to this. Do you have that on record? Webber's attitude to Vettel after the race indicated without any doubt that an agreement had been made between the team and drivers before the race, based on their positions after the last pit stops, and Vettel clearly broke that agreement.
What concerns me and no doubt Webber also, is the number of silly little car failures he's suffering at critical times during GP weekends. The Ill feeling between Webber and Vettel since their falling out clearly still exists and I'm left wondering whether Webbers lack of reliability since then is a convenient way for the team to keep them separated on track.

Do you have it on record that he did? I thought it was always Innocent until proven guilty.

Didn't really read much past that on the thread because it all just looks like "blah blah blah Vettel is rubbish and evil and he smells and I hate him" and it all tastes so bitter.

Well I agree in part with whoever here is saying the 2013 season isn't all that great. But my opinion has nothing to do with drivers etc its just that all of the action has been political bickering about tires and what not and not too much has really happened on the track. I feel like the rules have changed in the middle of the competition, and to be honest to me that just feels like bullshit.

Didn't really read much past that on the thread because it all just looks like "blah blah blah Vettel is rubbish and evil and he smells and I hate him" and it all tastes so bitter.
There was no hate in my posting, nor was there any bitterness, just an observation based on Webbers very clear conversation and accusation aimed at Vettel, immediately after the GP, which indicated without doubt an agreement had been broken.

The 2013 season has become a huge disappointment for me. Hamilton starting to shine with Mercedes is the only bright spot. I'm hoping two teams can turn their fortunes around from Spa through to to Brazil. It's sad to see two of the sports greatest teams struggling. I sure most would agree we need to see McLaren and Ferrari back to their best, contributing to the sport we love. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom