The 2013 Season

As I said GermanF1, most would agree, not all. Possibly depends in part on your age and your loyalties. To suggest it's been McLaren Ferrari all the time is odd, neither have won a title for a number of seasons.

Last edited:
Of course they are RasputinLives, what GermanF1 appeared to be suggesting was that he was tired of seeing them win all the time. What I'm saying is it would be a change to see them win again. It's been 7 years for Ferrari and 6 years for McLaren. Obviously I'm referring to drivers titles. It's a long time for either to wait.

Wow, is it that long since the titles of Raikkonen and Hamilton? Time flies.
Ferrari came close in the recent years, they probably could have won the constructors last year if Massa was any better.

Kewee Past records mean nothing. If it's Red Bull vs Merc vs Lotus now then it is what it is. Better than McLaren vs Ferrari all the time honestly. I welcome this change...

I've no problem with the change in fortune for the differing teams' either. :)

It makes for more entertaining races... It's just that I only get to see half the races live. And the other half are poorly edited shitlights. :(

Oh well, I'm sure the coverage on the Beeb will get better... Oh wait. :no:

Last edited:
that is why Brawn winning in 2009 is one of the best memories in F1 for a long time because prior to that not since 1978 has the drivers world title been won by any other teams other than those driving for Ferrari, Mclaren, Williams or Renault (nee Benetton)

Red Bull have come along and added a bit of F1 history

The 2013 season has become a huge disappointment for me. Hamilton starting to shine with Mercedes is the only bright spot. I'm hoping two teams can turn their fortunes around from Spa through to to Brazil. It's sad to see two of the sports greatest teams struggling. I sure most would agree we need to see McLaren and Ferrari back to their best, contributing to the sport we love. :(

Agreed apart from the Hamilton bit, alright so I'm not a fan of his, get over it......

Hi Mephistopheles - I never used to be a fan of Hamiltons either though I am becoming one. He's starting to mature as a person which is nice to see and I also believe his driving has improved with the added maturity. I think Hamilton and Alonso are a step above every other driver on the grid. I'd love to see the Ferrari improve so we can see some Alonso/Hamilton battles. :)

Well we can't all be Hamilton fans can we Mephistopheles ?

And Kewee I think it's six years and five years as we stand, not seven and six (still quite a while though).

Now that the tyre situation has settled down, I think this season is bubbling up as quite a promising one. Ferrari, for all their problems, still have Alonso sitting in third place in the driver's championship and won't be about to give up; Kimi Raikkonen is doing even better in 2nd place, and some better qualifying could see him pushing Vettel during the second half; Mercedes have an in-form Hamilton in 4th place and two wins behind the leader with a very quick car, and may just have got to grips with the tyres at last (jury still out on that one for now). And of course we still have the triple and reigning champ leading the field from the front (although showing some small signs of vulnerability at Hungary).

As far as I see it, while Seb must be favourite, any of these four drivers could still easily win the 2013 WDC.

Ferrari are working hard to try a claw back what they lost in Hungary. They believe the new tyres don't suit their car and have said the changes Pirelli have made has changed the hierarchy at the front of the field. They not happy as they designed their car to work with the tyres provided last year for testing. Their complaints are probably justified, but in the interests of safety Pirelli had to do something. We won't know until after Spa and we see how they perform on a high speed circuit but it would be a shame if this was an advantage to Red Bull considering they got the design envelope wrong with the original tyres provided for testing last year.

Alonso wasn't on the podium in Germany and was only in the top 3 at Silverstone due to issues for both Hamilton and Vettel. I don't think they can blame the tyres, and besides Lotus are looking more competitive despite having the reputation of having the best tyre wear. Ferrari have just lost their way in the development race I think, much like McLaren did around this sort of time last year. According to Gary Anderson Ferrari are frequently bringing new parts to the track and not racing them.

sushifiesta - they're definitely having problems. The information I posted was off the Ferrari website and they stated they'll have more to say regarding the tyres shortly.

I was just pointing out the irony that they got an extra test above the other teams except Mercedes (who predominantly tested a proposed tyre for 2014 anyway?), yet the tyres they tested have now been changed and they're the ones struggling with tyres.

The tyre test Ferrari did was for Pirelli's benefit as much as their own and was of little use to them as it was conducted using the 2011 car. The car they are currently using was introduced in 2012 and even at its introduction was very different to the 2011 car used in the tyre test.

38 points is quite a gap to second place, and this is before we even hit the favoured Red Bull tracks, and Red Bull being the optimum car.

Ferrari have lost their way, Lotus can only pull off a result where they can pull off stopping less than others, Mercedes are hit and miss.

Those chasing Sebastian Vettel are likely to take points more off of each other rather than off of him.

Slyboogy

I am afraid so and even then Seb is either 2nd , 3rd or 4th to minimise the damage

Basically both Lotus and Ferrari need to score heavily to get back at Vettel. Really needs the first 6 cars to be Lotus, Ferrari and Mercedes with Vettel finishing 7th or lower but can't see it happening unless Red Bull have some mechanical woes

Back
Top Bottom