The 2013 Season

I'm giving up on 2013. From my perspective it's going to be a tainted vettel championship thanks to FIA unfairly punishing Mercedes. I don't need to watch that.

Yeah maybe if Webber had won that race and had managed to get better results in the races following Malaysia or Vettel having bad luck/forgetting how to drive/getting injured, maybe they'd have been on equal points.

So far Malaysia 2013 has been the defining moment for two reasons

i) Alonso was told to stay out and promptly crashed

ii) Vettel's double cross

it cost Alonso 22pts not finishing and Vettel stealing 7pts at least

I find hard to believe that somebody believes that if somebody breaks the rules then that somebody shouldn't be punished because in the view of the first somebody it taints the championship by punishing the somebody who broke the rules in the first place.....

Anyway enough of that nonsense, so to get to why I'm posting, I find this a bit harsh on the driver don't you..

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...car-released-without-wheels-properly-attached

No different to penalising the driver for gearbox changes etc. but 10 places does seem too much, especially combined with the pit lane speed limit change. Bit of a knee jerk reaction to say the least.

I find hard to believe that somebody believes that if somebody breaks the rules then that somebody shouldn't be punished because in the view of the first somebody it taints the championship by punishing the somebody who broke the rules in the first place.....

Anyway enough of that nonsense, so to get to why I'm posting, I find this a bit harsh on the driver don't you..

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...car-released-without-wheels-properly-attached

They didn't break the rules. Charlie Whiting gave them permission to do it. Even the FIA acknowledged there was no wilful wrongdoing. Their goal in the test ban was to level the playing field by counter-balancing any advantage mercedes may have gained from the test Charlie Whiting approved. Well based on today's timing, I would say Mercedes is way behind the competitive position they had before Barcelona - so I would say the FIA has unleveled the playing field. They failed. At least they are consistent in their efforts to make F1 arbitrary.

Batman

Did you know that in Monaco Vettel was P10 and P9 after FP1 & FP2, respectively? And did you know he came second in the race?
Did you also know that in Canada he was P9 and P7 after FP1 & FP? And did you know he won? Did you also know that Grosjean was 3rd in both practice sessions in Canada and that he finished down in 13th?

What's the point of this, you ask? The point is that free practice isn't always indicative of where a team/driver will be come race day.

LifeW12

You don't have to watch, you know?

Back
Top Bottom