The 2011 Season

Might as well close this thread and start a 2012 one because FB's boy has a gap of nearly a century to his Aussie teammate, Who we now has wings.

:)

Has any constructor ever got every signle pole in a season before?

I honestly think if they get pole at Monza, they'll get pole for every race!

Courtesy of F1 Technical:

Most pole positions per season
Williams F1 (1992* & 1993) and McLaren (1988 & 1999) managed to get 15 poles in a season
Most consecutive pole positions
Williams F1 got 24 poles one after another in the seasons 1992 and 1993

*In 1992 Nigel Mansell got 14 of them, still a record.

McLaren 1988 were denied by Gerhard Berger (Ferrari) at Silverstone.
McLaren 1989 were denied by Riccardo Patrese (Williams) at Hungaroring.
Williams 1992 were denied by Ayrton Senna (McLaren) at Montreal.
Williams 1993 were denied by Ayrton Senna (McLaren) at Adelaide.

(McLaren's second 15 was in 1989 not 1999).

(McLaren's second 15 was in 1989 not 1999).
Good job we have you around, TBY. I should have noticed that :embarrassed: as it's one of the few F1 stat's my memory retains as was the Mansell titbit. Giving the benefit of the doubt, I assume it's just a typo from F1 Tech. I don't mind making mistakes of my own but I'll be more careful with pasting other peep's info' in future, for sure.:rolleyes:

Stefano Domemicali is now saying 2011 will be Ferrari's last dissapointing season and that they are building an unbeatable structure that is built around the whole team, not one individual like Red Bull and Adrian Newey. However he goes on... saying Ferrari are condemned to win because of their history. If you ask me every other team has just as much right to win, arrogant sods.

As a result of Red Bull running dangerous camber levels at Spa, there's a suggestion that the FIA are going to enforce the Pirelli maximum camber settings at each race, and deem any car which goes over them as being mechanically dangerous.

Unsurprisingly the teams are going to fight this.

Back
Top Bottom