The 2011 Season

BBC are reporting that Timo Glock has singed a three year contract extension to his Virgin deal, I guess he is banking on the new technical partnership bearing fruits.

Well assuming he keeps picking up 2nd and 3rd places, Even if Mark wins the last 9 races, if Seb comes 2nd Mark will still be 14 points behind at the end of the season.

That's how strong Seb's lead is now.

Hamilton 17 points ahead of Raikkonen with two races left.
That's a win, a third place and an eighth place, or 44 points, by today's scoring system.
In other words, Kimi made up the equivalent of more than half Hamilton's current deficit to Vettel in the last two races.
This season has nine races left.

As Murray once said,
"Anything happens in Formula One, and usually does."

Well TBY Ron Dennis did say his win was 'the first of many' - at least that ruling would prove him right

EDIT: Actually I just checked and suprisingly 4 wins to Trulli, 4 wins to Heiki and 1 win each for Liuzzi and Glock. Now thats a season!

Hamilton 17 points ahead of Raikkonen with two races left.
That's a win, a third place and an eighth place, or 44 points, by today's scoring system.
In other words, Kimi made up the equivalent of more than half Hamilton's current deficit to Vettel in the last two races.
This season has nine races left.

As Murray once said,
"Anything happens in Formula One, and usually does."

That was legendary :)

Sorry to all Hamilton fans, but Hamton got his own back in 2008 with style aswell.

Just imagine how different this season would have been if the Red Bull drivers had been trading wins, etc. just as Hamilton and Alonso did in 2007.

Just swapping a few of the race results between Seb and Mark gives this:
Sebastian Vettel 180
Mark Webber 175
Lewis Hamilton 134
Jenson Button 109
Fernando Alonso 130

Still a decent gap between 1/2 and the rest, but a lot closer than it is now.

That's that then. It's all over bar the shouting.

Points scored in the last 4 races are interesting though:
Alonso - 76
Vettel - 73
Hamilton - 61
Webber- 55
Massa - 38
Button - 33

Ifs, buts and maybes....
Let's assume for a moment that Hamilton finished first, Button second, Alonso third and Vettel and Webber fourth and fifth, this is how the driver standings would look:

Vettel - 228
Hamilton - 159
Webber - 149
Alonso - 145
Button - 127

So instead of Vettel having an 85 point lead over Webber, it would be a 69 point lead over Hamilton.
Still a decent gap, but enough races left to overcome it, just about.

BBC are reporting that Timo Glock has singed a three year contract extension to his Virgin deal, I guess he is banking on the new technical partnership bearing fruits.
To be honest, he's got nowhere else to go, apart from Williams.

Is that such a bad thing slyboogy? there knock on the door of points most of the time. I know if i was timo, the way things have gone with so far with virgin, Id be handcuffing my self to the radiator in Sir franks office until he whipped up a contract to sign.

Is that such a bad thing slyboogy? there knock on the door of points most of the time. I know if i was timo, the way things have gone with so far with virgin, Id be handcuffing my self to the radiator in Sir franks office until he whipped up a contract to sign.

Not saying it is, but Williams have slipped back big time, next season will be the season where they will look to recover.

Not sure Williams have the finance either to get Glock onboard...

CTA.jpg

This graph shows the Grand Prix of 2011 and the drivers who've won them up to today. Belgium is one of only 5 Grand Prix never won by Fernando Alonso, the others being Turkey, India, Abu Dhabi and Brazil. It has had only three winners of this year's lot, courtesy of Mr. Raikkonen, no doubt!

Back
Top Bottom