The 2011 cars

Personally I'm hoping for a Ligier JS5 'tea-pot' airbox or a March 711 'tea-tray' front wing.... but maybe that's because i'm posting from the kitchen
lol.gif

Seriously, you would have thought that they would have put the car together before brining the cameras in... would never have happened under Ron Dennis..
lol.gif

Wellington Straight?

can it only be used once per lap?

I think the only-one-place-on-the-lap thing is a bit of a shame - it'd be much more interesting if there were multiple locations - while some circuits might only have one suitable location, other might well have 3 or 4.

J

mald_will_vale_2011-5-470x312.jpg
Good close up of Williams gearbox.I made it big otherwise you can't see it.Look at the angle on those driveshafts and pull rod rear supension.

I think that they had to reinvent the principle.Apperently they have had them on the dyno since last September.Very clever.

The McL secondary intake is purely systems cooling apparently...

The side pods help air to the rear wing..
The BBC have described the new McLaren as "revolutionary." They also have said its the 1st time these shaped side pods have appeared on a car. With the extra air moving towards the rear wing this could enhance overtaking ability.

If McLaren show an significant increase in speed compared to the other drivers is it likely that similar pods will start appearing on other cars and a new shape of F1 car evolving from the concept.

The BBC have described the new McLaren as "revolutionary." They also have said its the 1st time these shaped side pods have appeared on a car. With the extra air moving towards the rear wing this could enhance overtaking ability.

If McLaren show an significant increase in speed compared to the other drivers is it likely that similar pods will start appearing on other cars and a new shape of F1 car evolving from the concept.

It will require quite some work to copy though, If you saw the naked car before the pods went on, they have installed extremely angled radiators, angled both back and forward to achieve the cooling and enable the shape to work. It also looked as though there was a nice clear space for some forward exhausts in there...

Are you suggesting that, much like one of the effects of the f-duct but in reverse, if you have more air arriving at the wing in the first place, you can reduce the angle to achieve the same downforce, and therefore reduce drag....

Back
Top Bottom