Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

It is only your fantasy.

not a chance, because I'm not brainwashed by Putin

ill stop being tactful now but it was always at the back of my mind this coukd happen with a Russian on the board because where we are living in 2017 & Russians are in 1917, that post is disgraceful & has no place in a civilised world but In Russian culture its worryingly acceptable & so might as well chat to a brick wall.

we all saw what happen at eiro 2016 when hooligans with no intention of watching football provoked minority of England fans & fought them with gumshields, flares & various weapons. as ive mentioned above as an example of how time have moved on the current racism in Russian football makes British in 1980's look nelson mandela or Millwall look like Towie, as away fans in Russia are least of problems as it Home fans racial abused players. Chris Samba & Roberto Carlos have had a banana chucked at them, Peter Odemwingie bought by west brom, Lokomotiv Moscow had a racist banner saying "thanks West brom" at the next game & Yaya Toure had monkey chants during a Champions League game. there a video out there I saw on Facebook where 2 men holding hands down a Moscow street as an experiment are getting barged into, punched & being aggressively intimidated. I'm sure this just the tip of the iceberg if you would like me to carry on

yeah I can only apologise you cider_and_toast you do this voluntarily & I can understand what tricky time this has turned into but I'm sure you have majority of ours full support. ill will keep this purely Lewis Hamilton next time

Last edited:
Its a times like these I wish I wasn't a moderator.
I am letting the above post stand because I want people to see the opinion of the poster.
Someone who appears to equate promotion of equal rights for gay people with bestiality and if I'm not mistaken, paedophilia.
To say I am appalled by this attitude and this post is an understatement.
Hamilton's tweet was a silly thing to put out and maybe a few people did over react but the fact that it has lead to statements like this is shocking.

It really is a very unpleasant subject for dispute.
Especially on the forum about the Formula 1
and especially in relation to the champion of Formula 1.

And I do not get tired to surprise the hypocrisy of those who accuse Hamilton.
Defenders of the freedoms of fans of non-traditional sexual relations
denied the freedom of those who adhere to traditional relations,
which was defined nature and dividing people into men and women.
And this despite the fact that a couple of decades ago
even in England it would have been impossible.

And for your information.
In Russia, unlike England, never had laws providing for criminal prosecution for homosexuality.

Time for the ignore button I think.

I wonder if Mercedes And Hamilton will dominate the 2018 season. I really hope there will be team and driver that puts up a real challenge. If the past is anything to go by, Hamilton has a tendency to be so relaxed after a world championship win, that he goes backwards for a while.

not a chance, because I'm not brainwashed by Putin

ill stop being tactful now but it was always at the back of my mind this coukd happen with a Russian on the board because where we are living in 2017 & Russians are in 1917, that post is disgraceful & has no place in a civilised world but In Russian culture its worryingly acceptable & so might as well chat to a brick wall.

we all saw what happen at eiro 2016 when hooligans with no intention of watching football provoked minority of England fans & fought them with gumshields, flares & various weapons. as ive mentioned above as an example of how time have moved on the current racism in Russian football makes British in 1980's look nelson mandela or Millwall look like Towie, as away fans in Russia are least of problems as it Home fans racial abused players. Chris Samba & Roberto Carlos have had a banana chucked at them, Peter Odemwingie bought by west brom, Lokomotiv Moscow had a racist banner saying "thanks West brom" at the next game & Yaya Toure had monkey chants during a Champions League game. there a video out there I saw on Facebook where 2 men holding hands down a Moscow street as an experiment are getting barged into, punched & being aggressively intimidated. I'm sure this just the tip of the iceberg if you would like me to carry on

yeah I can only apologise you cider_and_toast you do this voluntarily & I can understand what tricky time this has turned into but I'm sure you have majority of ours full support. ill will keep this purely Lewis Hamilton next t ime

You are a liar, as any fan of Nazi Bandera.
Well, anyone who wants to can watch, what is happening in Ukraine,
which is the territory is imbued with nationalism.
Certainly not the Ukrainians to talk about gay rights and racism in Russia

olegg - if you must preach your biggoted rubbish at us please make an effort to get your facts right. Homosexuality was a criminal offence in Russia until 1993. In England and Wales it was decriminalised in 1967.

Quite what some of these discussion had to do with Lewis Hamilton saying something a bit daft on social media I have no idea but still it takes all sorts to make the World, even if some of them are short sighted, mindless, bigots.

sock-puppet.jpg

Back to Lewis, he has deleted his entire Instagram account. I've mentioned before that someone as high profile as he is really should get a decent PR person and "shooting from the lip" as he often does is really not a good idea. Perhaps a complete rest from all social media, other than that posted by the Mercedes team, would be a good idea.

Last edited:
Back to Lewis, he has deleted his entire Instagram account. I've mentioned before that someone as high profile as he is really should get a decent PR person and "shooting from the lip" as he often does is really not a good idea. Perhaps a complete rest from all social media, other than that posted by the Mercedes team, would be a good idea.

He’s gone further than that; he’s also deleted the apologies on twitter as well; I wonder whether he’s had a phonecall from a Mercedes bigwig with threats about his future...

And for your information.
In Russia, unlike England, never had laws providing for criminal prosecution for homosexuality.

Actually yes you did. There were laws against homosexuality until the 1917 revolution when Lenin abolished them. Stalin reversed this and introduced a punishment of 5 years hard labour. Boris Yeltsin finally abolished these laws in 1993.

Mod Chat. Time to draw a line under this now.

Unfortunately I can't close this thread and have no desire to delete the last few days of posts. I think all sides have put their opinions forward.

Move on now.

Time for the ignore button I think.

I wonder if Mercedes And Hamilton will dominate the 2018 season. I really hope there will be team and driver that puts up a real challenge. If the past is anything to go by, Hamilton has a tendency to be so relaxed after a world championship win, that he goes backwards for a while.

certainly great idea but thats the end of that to me & although are we allowed to talk about motorsport on this politics board LOL

no actually i think mercedes are 2nd fav maybe even 3rd fav despite the 4 consecutive drivers & constructors title because 1st law pf diminishing returns. also red bull are coming with more horsepower from Renault & if mclaren can be near red bull pace alonso will spoil, because despite lewis fantastic end to the season where he was on top form. mercedes didnt win title as they were fastest more were handed drivers title by vettels petulance in Baku & Singapore, partically Singapore that cost him 42 pts meant title finished in Mexico not Abu Dhabi.

Best wishes to Lewis Hamilton in the New Year.
The season he is clearly not simple.
Strong will and psychological pressure.
More valuable will be the victory.

olegg - if you must preach your biggoted rubbish at us please make an effort to get your facts right. Homosexuality was a criminal offence in Russia until 1993. In England and Wales it was decriminalised in 1967.

Until December 1993, Russia was in fact another country with another Constitution.
Something I don't remember that in Britain in 1967 changed the political system.

Back to Lewis, he has deleted his entire Instagram account. ....

an interesting interpretation of freedom of speech and expression.
Ones possible to hold parades and to impose their views by insulting the feelings of others.
But others it is impossible even to speak without any insults.

Democracy ...

Last edited:
olegg - just to make you laugh - do you know what I spent 3 years studying at university? The rise and fall of the Soviet Union. It would be very interesting to make a comparison on the history books I read about it and the ones available to yourself.

Back
Top Bottom