Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

What is happening with the attack on traditional family values, is striking.
People from birth are created by men and women.
If someone does not have traditional sexual preferences - it is only his own business.
Why stick out their sexual perversions in public?
Also, the defense of desire these alternatively gifted people to tell everyone about their sexual preferences,
has nothing to do with democracy.
It is not clear why society should go on about the aggressive minority?
And a surprising abundance of people who believe this situation like a normal.
And fact is that destroying traditional values of society will inevitably come to... nothing well.

Who gives anyone the right to decide what is 'normal' ??

Everyone is entitled to live their life however they choose. I have served alongside gay people in the Royal Navy for years and I can assure you their sexual preferences made zero difference when it came to their ability to fire a weapon or put out fires.

I do agree with you on one thing. Peoples lives are their own business. On that note peoples attitudes or intolerance to other peoples lives should be kept to themselves as well.

Hamilton did nothing wrong when he said about what are wearing girls.
He didn't insult the boy. Moreover, it is a close his relative.
They are in a family decide what they want without ... others.
But what was made from this situation by media and fans of "liberal values"
at the same time strongly insulting Hamilton is not normal.
Maybe someday, the Champions of democracy understand that.

Throughout history, there have been minorities who have been discriminated against based on the colour of the skin, their religion, their race, their gender, their sexuality, or their own, personal choice. Society has, thankfully, caught up and acknowledged that this discrimination was wrong.

Sadly, not everyone in the world has caught up.

There was a time where all that existed on this planet was some long chain amino acids. I think any change from this original position is grossly wrong, and we should all go back to the good old days of swimming around in a sulphurous puddle of primordial soup.

Humankind has consistently evolved, changed, adapted, for better and for worse, although, without fully understanding what the objective or outcome of existing actually is, I am not sure that anyone is in a position to define better or worse, except from within their own world view. now, everyone has one of those, and I am sure that they are all different.

That there areas of humanity where large numbers of people are broadly aligned, there are many where they are not. who is to say which groupings are "right" and which are "wrong"? I am fairly sure that I have never voted on anything like this? to put it another way, a very small percentage of human beings can run 100m in less than 10 seconds. shall we have a vote to see if we think that this is "normal" and should be "allowed" or not? There are a small number of Albino humans, should we also have a position?

Ideals have changed over the years. I am a lot older now than I used to be, and I have seen attitudes change massively, tolerance in many areas has improved. Why should my beliefs define how someone else behaves? There are parameters as laid down by law, (many of which are also being challenged) i.e. don't kill or steal, but as far as I am concerned, wear what you like, talk how you like and get jiggy with who you like. everyone has a contribution to make to society, so lets allow them to do so unfettered by our interpretation of what they should be,

Apart from gethinceri

he is just not normal!!

i dont want to attack anyone, im trying to be tactful & delete if this is a problem but i think this is a cultural problem. as over the last few years. you only have to see there attitudes to gay people, racism in russian sport & what went off at euro 2016

whether anyone is gay straight or bi it wont destroy traditional family values or values of society . we've had many black players at Sheffield United & ive gone to see many gay musicians/comedians. its never crossed my mind once & as i say he is 4, doesnt mean anything. im sure tonnes of boys played with babies, girls > action men

Mod Chat - Post edited to remove potentially offensive comment.

Throughout history, there have been minorities who have been discriminated against based on the colour of the skin, their religion, their race, their gender, their sexuality, or their own, personal choice. Society has, thankfully, caught up and acknowledged that this discrimination was wrong.

Sadly, not everyone in the world has caught up.

Yes. How it true sound.
But...
on the basis of the same sentences somebody considers normal are bombing cities and are destroing whole countries.
Or... are insulting Hamilton

olegg can I just point out that at no point did Lewis Hamilton, any of the comments on twitter or any of the posters on this forum mention sexuality in any way. Not until you brought it up.

If a little boy wearing a Princess dress makes you think of homosexuality then I believe that may be your problem. The little boy in question doesn't even know what homosexuality is and just wanted to play dress up. Lewis Hamilton didn't say 'people can't be gay' he said 'boys shouldn't wear dresses'. These are very separate issues and you are forcing your own view on to it.

I didn't want to respond as I know your forcing a fight on purpose but I thought I'd just point that out. It's almost like you have homosexuality on the brain or something. Not sure what that means.

Hamilton publicly posted his private opinions olegg. He is entitled to his opinions. But if he posts his opinions about his family, to thousands of people, they will feel entitled, invited even, to comment on them.
As I’m sure you’re about to comment on this post.

Mod Chat - This thread has drifted off topic. The rights and wrongs of Hamitlon's tweet have been well discussed since they were made. I don't think this is the best place to discuss wider issues of discrimination. I think it best to move on before things become too personal.

Users are welcome to open another thread in the Gravel Trap area of the site to continue the wider discussion providing as always, the site rules are closely followed.

Regards

CaT the Mod

olegg can I just point out that at no point did Lewis Hamilton, any of the comments on twitter or any of the posters on this forum mention sexuality in any way. Not until you brought it up.
If a little boy wearing a Princess dress makes you think of homosexuality then I believe that may be your problem. The little boy in question doesn't even know what homosexuality is and just wanted to play dress up. Lewis Hamilton didn't say 'people can't be gay' he said 'boys shouldn't wear dresses'. These are very separate issues and you are forcing your own view on to it.
I didn't want to respond as I know your forcing a fight on purpose but I thought I'd just point that out. It's almost like you have homosexuality on the brain or something. Not sure what that means.

No.
This you are fixated on homosexuality.
You and your associates found problems in the harmless comment of Hamilton.
Hamilton only wants his nephew growing up as a boy, not a genderless creature.

It is interestingly:
advocates for the rights of homosexual publicity also fiercely will protect
the rights for example of the lovers of sex with animals or fans of children's sexuality
and such others will making their parades, registration of marriages and to adopt children?
The fighters for total freedom of expression should be consistent in its logic.
Otherwise, this is another point of hypocrisy.
And Hamilton is only another victim of hysterical propaganda.

Its a times like these I wish I wasn't a moderator.

I am letting the above post stand because I want people to see the opinion of the poster.

Someone who appears to equate promotion of equal rights for gay people with bestiality and if I'm not mistaken, paedophilia.

To say I am appalled by this attitude and this post is an understatement.

Hamilton's tweet was a silly thing to put out and maybe a few people did over react but the fact that it has lead to statements like this is shocking.

Back
Top Bottom