Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

What's a load of rubbish? You just agreed that incident happened, so why is it a load of rubbish?

Because you stated it like it was the reason Hamilton missed all those tests for Mclaren(there were multiple) and like he really wanted to but Whit Marsh wouldn't't let him (also untrue).

However this discussion is a very old one.

FB, your sarcasm's returned. LOL I wasn't meaning to be a smart ass but I honestly believe the teams and drivers will have little, if anything, to gain in this particular test. No Button, no Alonso, no Rosberg, no Hamilton,no Williams or Massa. If the teams had felt they would have made gains they would have insisted their leading drivers were present. The drivers themselves will be starting intensive, targeted gym work that will be of far greater benefit than driving last years car at 8 tenths around and artificially wet track. The teams and drivers will start their learning curve after their 2016 car launches when testing proper begins. By the time they reach Australia they will all have done GP distance work as well as qualifying runs. When they line up on the grid they will have a true understanding of the tyres they'll be running. It's a credit to Vettel that he's wanting to spend as much time as possible with the team, which I'm sure is why he takes every opportunity he can to be involved in the Ferrari environment.

Because you stated it like it was the reason Hamilton missed all those tests for Mclaren(there were multiple) and like he really wanted to but Whit Marsh wouldn't't let him (also untrue).

However this discussion is a very old one.

Yes it is an old discussion. But worth getting the facts right non the less.
I'm not award of multiple tests that Hamilton chose to miss, so I wouldn't have been referring to them. Which are these tests? The only one I could remember him missing was the one I referred to, at Mugello I believe. And he wanted to test but Whitmarsh wouldn't allow it.

It's important to get the facts right yes. Your last line is not factful it is your interpretation of events based on what you've read in the media. Martin Whitmarsh never said it and Lewis never said 'Whitmarsh wouldn't allow me to test'. So facts not right.

Mclaren continually put in their test drivers at test sessions (and probably still will) rather than their race drivers. The likes of Gary Parfeet did a great deal of car time. I remember this because there were long debates about (some probably on this thread) and whether they were losing out (not just one occasion).

My original comment was referring to that when it was talked about LH not testing for Merc. It was a mere observation and a theory that maybe Hamilton doesn't feel a benefit from testing.

You seem to see it as an attack and decided that if it was something that someone thought was wrong about LH it must be poor old Martin Whitmarsh's fault and now we're in a pre-2014 time loop.

Right I'm off to make a 10 part documentary Netflix series about Whitmarsh called "The making of a Team Principal"

Lewis has said he doesn't like testing. As to whether he gets any benefit from it, we shall find out in a few weeks. What money Ferrari sneaked a few engine tweaks in to the car run at Paul Ricard?

RasputinLives , with all due respect ( don't you just hate sentences that start with that phrase :D),I think the title of your ten part documentary would be better called , 'The breaking of a Team Principal' :snigger:

But back to those pesky facts. Your words I responded to were "......Hamilton missed all those McLaren tests(there were multiple)"
And I could only remember the Mugello one. So I asked for examples of these missed McLaren tests. You didn't give any.
I don't see it as an attack on Hamilton, though I do see it as Whitmarsh's fault he missed the test. Unless in the article below 'McLaren' and 'the Woking squad' excluded the TP.

Hamilton won't test at Mugello - PlanetF1

That article also suggest Hamilton does want to be involved in test sessions.
I can only remember one test for Mercedes that Hamilton pulled out of part way through due to illness. If I've missed something, I'm happy to have it pointed out.
As I said, I don't take it as an attack on Hamilton. Wether he tests or not he seems to do alright when it comes to racing.
I just can't find any evidence to support the statement that he doesn't like to test.

RasputinLives no I didn't troll, I answered. You just didn't like the answers.
teabagyokel . It did indeed, but I think that was the culmination of poor management and internal power fighting.

However on the bright side. Mercedes are predicting a big improvement by McLaren Honda for this coming season. I hope they're right.

Last edited:
racecub you didn't answer anything you just kept referring to the same point and pretending to be ignorant of all the other facts.

Almost like you were trying to get a rise out of me. Me being an idiot it worked. Glad I could brighten your day.

Come on chaps, the season hasn't even got underway yet. There will be plenty of time to argue about what Hamilton did or didn't do, then.

Which if the many Wayne Bridges do you not know about? I know of some but only because Google hasn't been chased out of the country yet.

Back
Top Bottom