Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Just because Byrne had a good run a decade ago doesn't mean that he'll find the magic touch right away at Ferrari. Newey and Red Bull are miles ahead of the competition at the current moment, and even though there are some fairly major changes for next year, it will be a minor miracle if anyone can claw back a majority of that deficit.

Not to mention the fact that RBR will be running essentially a one-car team again next year while Alonso and Hamilton will have serious inter-team challengers.

Hamilton has a serious inter team challenger? Hmmmm.

Also Alonso hasn't for years and still hasn't beat him so not sure that makes much difference. In fact I'm sure Ferrari's logic behind Kimi's signing is that two top drivers mean they get better feedback for development.

Which means that Red Bull actually have a disadvantage with such an inexperienced driver.

No. Not what I said. But he has shown this season that he is not and inter team challenger.

Are you saying Ricciardo is?

As long as your comfy with the fact that driver feedback counts for nothing then ok. Red Bull don't. I was just playing devils advocate.

I'm saying that when you've got the best car, and a clearly inferior teammate, you've got a clear path to the title. It's as simple as that. Hamilton had that once and he won the WDC. Unless Newey/RBR botch the reg changes, Seb will be entering year 5 with such a scenario.

Just out of interest if Merc had the best car do you think he would be in the way of Hamilton's clear path to the title?

I'm sorting of seeing him in the DC/Rubens mould after this season

Rosberg is clearly inferior to Hamilton and he has shown he's willing to listen to team orders. Not sure how you can claim he's a serious challenge to Hamilton.

Rosberg is clearly inferior to Hamilton and he has shown he's willing to listen to team orders. Not sure how you can claim he's a serious challenge to Hamilton.

He's nowhere near Vettel-Webber inferior. Rosberg would provide the biggest challenge Seb ever had if they were paired together.

Just out of interest if Merc had the best car do you think he would be in the way of Hamilton's clear path to the title?

It's not out of the realm of possibilities. And Mercedes would never go out of their way to ensure that their preferred driver won the title like in 2010. So, yeah.

Of course it all came up roses, but if it weren't for Vitaly Petrov, RBR would have pissed away the WDC because they clearly preferred that Vettel win it instead of Webber.

McLaren and Mercedes do not operate like that.

You can't know for sure that Mercedes don't operate like that until they're in a position where they need to make that decision.
A lot of people were saying that Rosberg and Hamilton would be allowed to race and then in the second Grand Prix Rosberg was told to hold station behind Hamilton. Funny that.

Yeah, that was pretty hilarious. Imagine a team wanting both its cars to finish the race....comical isn't it? Just in case someone has forgotten, Hamilton would have run out of fuel by racing Rosberg home. But nevermind that detail.

I seriously hope Merc find themselves in that position next year. A Rosberg title would be the best thing to happen in F1 for a long time.

Speaking of detail. Would Hamilto have run out of fuel if 'for the good of the team' let Rosberg past (who had no fuel issues) in order for him to at least attempt to chase down those in front. You seem to have forgotten that minor detail that both cars could have finished the other way around....funny that.

Rosberg was told not to pass because Merc knew that Lewis was their best bet championship wise. Thet were 100% right too.

As for 2010. I'm not even going to bother Keke. You see it your way and I'll see it mine.

P.S. Your way is wrong :p

So RBR did not prefer that Sebastian win the 2010 Title? I knew your head was in the sand when it came to Seb, but I didn't realize it was that far in.

KekeTheKing - Yeah, RBR preferred that Vettel won the 2010 title at Abu Dhabi. The other option was Alonso. It was impossible for Webber to win that title behind Alonso. Ferrari were just stupid enough, having covered Webber with Massa, to not realise who their actual rival was.

I think Red Bull would have preferred a Vettel title to a Webber one, but I honestly don't think they could have assumed that Alonso would have got stuck behind Petrov. I think that theory gives Red Bull strategists a little too much credit.

Another correction - Hamilton has never had the best car and an inferior team-mate. He just ended up fighting the wrong jockey of a superior Prancing Horse.

Funnily enough, Rosberg has gone and outperformed Hamilton a couple of times - at his good tracks - and won the Monaco and British Grands Prix. Reminds me of someone. ;)
I certainly don't think Rosberg is as inferior to Hamilton than Webber has been to Vettel, certainly on 2013 form.

teabagyokel.....I hardly think that Nico outperormed Lewis at Silverstone. Lewis was able to pull out of the DRS zone from Vettel, after just 3 laps, but an exploding tire put an end to a likely victory for Hamilton at home.

Bill Boddy Yes Rosberg has more wins than Lewis yet he's lagging behind him in the championship. Hence why I said I see him in the DC, Rubens mould.

Good but not good enough. (But yes much better than Webber)

As for my head being in the sand about Seb. I'd rather be accused of that than wearing a tin foil hat. Did you see the results Seb had to get to win that title? And you think Red Bull organised that? Sorry. Don't buy it. Just like I never bought the 'Ferrari didn't want Irvine to win the title' stuff either.

Rosberg has definitely taken points off Hamilton, in the case of Monaco it was 13. In 2007 had Massa taken 13 points away from Raikkonen it would have pushed him down to 3rd in the WDC.

At least Lewis had the good grace to clarify his thoughts and, as has been pointed out in this thread, it's not too far away from the thoughts of most F1 fans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24443149

I think it's fair to say that domination by one individual in any sport isn't good for it but it doesn't undermine the achievement of that individual which, I believe, is what Hamilton was trying to say but, as ever, his words are twisted and contorted to fit the agenda's of others.

Back
Top Bottom