Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

The devil is in the detail and the context:

Quote "Hamilton said that while there is "no one (in F1) like Adrian Newey", someone like Brawn might be more replaceable. "Maybe, maybe not," he said." End quote

Fenderman a good illustration...I didn't see the article, but thanks for the addition of " Maybe, Maybe not," for additional clarity...:thumbsup:

Yes with a sense of panic and realisation that he's no longer young in F1 terms and that his best chances may be behind him.

I've heard Merc come out with a similar story before to explain Micheal Schumachers lack of pace, I'm not saying it isn't true I'm just saying that I've heard that excuse before from Ross...

Last edited:
I don't know why anybody would doubt the veracity of Mercedes having found a crack on Hamilton's chassis because this is far from uncommon. Ever since the introduction of the carbon fibre era the rigidity of F1 chassis actually means cracks are far harder to detect than they previously were because they tend to be restricted to tiny areas that do not spread around the monocoque. The only way to detect them is through the conduction of thorough chassis testing in a manner that owes more to the sort of techniques employed in post-air crash investigations than it does ordinary automotive technology, so it's not something an F1 team will necessarily go through after every Grand Prix.

But there have been numerous instances in the past 30 years when some of the top drivers registered a sharp increase in performance after being given a new chassis.

Last edited:
Well then again, maybe it's something to do with living in the "cynical age" of F1, when some people people positively rejoice at a multiple-Grand Prix winner retiring, or when another multiple Grand Prix winner (and WDC vice-champion) can be called "crap" or are generally more interested in what driver say in interviews than what what they actually do on the track...

Last edited:
Why though? Because it seems to be a problem for Mercedes a la Webber KERS or because you think it may be a standard response to hide something else. Nobody 'just says'

Incubus,

How can you or anyone else be sure that a "sharp increase in performance" wasn't the result of the new chassis being modified (updated) and not an exact replacement for the cracked one?

Back
Top Bottom