Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Yeah, I wasn't being serious, just having a bit of fun given we now have been enlightened that an F1 driver spends most of his time at the factory or training.

However I am intrigued as to where Hamilton fits in sponsor obligations, UNICEF work and media interviews if all his time between races is spent debriefing, on the simulator or training.

Time for me to say something I think.

Rule 1 states:

Messages with the sole intention to inflame and cause discord, otherwise known as trolling, may be subject to moderation and/or removal.

http://cliptheapex.com/help/rules-and-guidelines

I am now going to update that rule to add that action may be taken against those who continuously troll threads.

That is not directed at any member in particular but there is far too much of it going on, on numerous threads and it is ruining the threads for the majority of members, forcing them to stop participating in those threads.

Well I can enlighten you to some extent there. The factory, training and debriefing was his spare time between races. His media work and interviews is time accounted for by McLaren, this year it is somewhere between 70 and 90 days. In have no information to hand about the amount of time he spends on UNICEF work,I believe he did some work following one if the GP's but I can't remember which. Maybe he did some during the summer break?

I only ever see bits when he puts pictures up about UNICEF. For what its worth I think his choice of management was the reason behind the focus criticisms and it was at a time where he wasn't completely stable, people always speculate, look at the impression people have of Kimi! I don't think anyone would realistically doubt that these guys are the hardest working of sportsman, and Lewis it seems has a completely full diary (hence why he rarely gave as many post race nicey nicey interviews on the BBC).

I think along with a greater involvement in the whole team, part of Lewis' decision to move to Mercedes is more time to pursue interests like UNICEF...and more time to be involved in the team and the car.. Instead of 70- 90 days corporate work, at Mercedes it will be more like 25 days.

What a fantastic drive from Lewis!!!! That was so exciting. And lovely to see the three best drivers on the podium together. Lewis is on fire at the moment. Such a shame his car has been so unreliable this year. But still great to watch him when he drives like that. :1st:

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...tory-at-the-U.S.-GP-proved-he-is-a-top-driver

Lewis Hamilton said:
"Even though I am not competing for first or second in the Championship I still hold that drive. I just beat the supposed best.
"I think I have been driving at my best all year, getting stronger and stronger and this was my strongest performance of the year.
"To be able to push and not make mistakes and to hunt Sebastian down and see him make mistakes is a great feeling.

Back
Top Bottom