Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Ok deep breath. Time to spell it out. I'd hate to be misinterpreted, I'll leave that for the press.

Rosberg gave an interview, see above. Wherein he praised Mercedes and stated they would be strong next year and could be up there fighting with the best(reworded, see article for exact words) Press saw an opportunity to make mischief and asked him why in that case, Hamilton had said next year they would not be competing for wins.

Now....at this point, had Rosberg wanted to make political gain for any reason, maybe because he thought he couldn't beat his team mate on track, maybe because he wanted to make himself look better in the team, maybe to undermine his team mate, maybe to destabilise his team mate, or any other number of reasons, here was his opportunity to do so. He could have replied to that statement with comments along the following lines

Im very disappointed that Lewis said that

Thats Lewis' opinion, I have more faith in the team, followed by silly grin and an 'Im only joking, Im sure Lewis didn't mean that'

Did he say that? Well I'll certainly be fighting for wins, maybe the team should make me number one, that's the way to win championships, silly,I-didn't-really-mean-that-Im-joking face again employed here.

Or other similar comments. But Rosberg didn't. He was diplomatic, he chose not to exploit the opportunity . He said Lewis was being cautious and that he himself makes a point of not responding to newspaper quotes. End of interview.
Class!!

racecub

Okay so what you're saying is that Rosberg is a role model for diplomacy and loyalty and that 'others' should take note (probably sits better on the Rosberg thread but hey ho)

You're right and I think Rosberg is not only a great driver but an incredibly genuine non political character as well. He would not deliberately drive into someone else, say his team are talking blah blah blah, visually accuse his team mate of being loopy after a collision, tweet confidential team data, accuse his team in public of treating him as a number two driver, engage in covert illegal team orders by moving over, ignoring yellow flags and claiming they didn't have enough time to to slow which was a lie, having a team mate crash so he could win, act like he's done nothing wrong when he struggles to make it to the first corner without incident, claim the stewards are racist followed by a silly grin, blackmail his boss, swear on the podium etc etc etc.

I apologise, I genuinely thought you were making a blatant dig at Jenson Button but that was unfair as of course you have rationally taken into account the behaviour of all drivers, and when you speak of these 'others' that exploit opportunities for their own gain, you meant everybody BUT Rosberg!

Indeed ExtremeNinja yet maybe people wouldn't react if she didn't state her one 'opinions' 5 billion times a day and manage to squeeze them into practically every item. Yet again, she's managed to bring a completely unrelated to Button topic regarding Rosberg, Mercedes, Hamilton and a newspaper on the LH thread, back to how evil JB is.

Ah, there in lies the rub!

Some do profess their opinions to be the "one truth" and are quite vehement in their explanation to all the 'non-seers' who do not see the intricacies of theory and conspiracy..

There comes a time in all 'arguments' to put your spade back in the shed!

Potentially, Hamilton does seem quite buzzed about this circuit. It would be better for Hamilton if he had the Americas (especially if Argentina comes of) but him and Brazil just don't get on.

I've read two interesting Articles recently about Lewis Hamilton in the last two F1 magazines. I'm going to share something that may help dispel some of the myths that are bandied about concerning his rock star lifestyle. I hear frequently in the media and on forums that he is not focused on his job and spends too much time jetting off to mix with and ape rock stars. This is a misinterpretation. He has in fact been to the states only twice this season, to visit his girlfriend. Three times now I guess, but this time he has his hands full chasing Vettel not rock stars. All his remaining time between races is spent either at MTC in the simulator, debriefing with engineers or training at his home in Monaco.

Back
Top Bottom