Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

If Merc doesn't rise to the occasion, they will run the very real risk of becoming a new BAR/Honda team. The question then would be whether their abysmal performance would turn LH into a new Jacques V.

But last time that happened they became Brawn and turned a jenson button into a Jenson Button. Perhaps Brawn can turn Lewis Hamilton into a Jenson Button...or something like that.

I think what ExtremeNinja meant was that 2009 turned Jenson from a midfield driver into a top driver. This isn't to say that Hamilton is a midfield driver, but that perhaps Brawn is able to give Hamilton the equipment he needs to win races and the championship.

I think what ExtremeNinja meant was that 2009 turned Jenson from a midfield driver into a top driver. This isn't to say that Hamilton is a midfield driver, but that perhaps Brawn is able to give Hamilton the equipment he needs to win races and the championship.

The problem with that is that the Brawn was a one trick pony that exploited an area of the regs nobody else concentrated on. Performance in subsequent years left LOTS to be desired.

Well, you know it has only been three years that its existed as Mercedes. Brawn knows Its not where he wants it to be, he's said so on several occassions. Lewis, knows the score, he knows its not like his Mclaren. He used those words when he spoke about his decision. He said the Mercedes facilities are not like the MTC and I know the car won't be like my Mclaren.....he spoke highly of his car, he usually does. But he saw something that excited him at Mercedes, after speaking at length with engineers and Brawn, he saw potential there, and a challenge and I'll be excited to watch how it unfolds over the next few years. Lewis hasn't looked happy at Mclaren for the last couple of years, he's looked uncomfortable, awkward, not himself. He's been like a person reborn since he made his decision, even with all the reliability issues he's had since them. He's driven brilliantly this year but I can't help feeling he'll do even better next year if he feels happier and more involved in the team.

Knowing you're not where you want to be and actually doing something about it are two different things. It could well end up in disappointment.

If Mercedes don't deliver next year I have a feeling 2014 could well be their final chance, mess that up and the Mercedes board may well decide to pull out of the sport, if they won't after 2013.

Well it might end up in disappointment, there can only ever be one WDC each year anyway, so he won't be the only one disappointed. But it can't be any more disappointing than the last three years, and if he's happier, more involved and more appreciated, then it has to win out over the last three years for job satisfaction.

Well it might end up in disappointment, there can only ever be one WDC each year anyway, so he won't be the only one disappointed. But it can't be any more disappointing than the last three years, and if he's happier, more involved and more appreciated, then it has to win out over the last three years for job satisfaction.

Well, it can be more disappointing... Hamilton could fail to win a race, or fail to finish on the podium, or fail to score a point..... It wouldn't be the first time that the Brackley team had failed.....

Just spotted this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20269668

Check out the figures re: earnings - interesting!

"BBC Sport understands that Mercedes did indeed offer Hamilton more money than McLaren.
Hamilton is believed to have earned about $24m (£15m) including bonuses this year with McLaren.
Sources say McLaren initially offered Hamilton about $20m (£12.5m) plus bonuses for 2013 and upped that to $22m (£13.8m) plus bonuses when they realised Mercedes was a serious possibility for him.
Mercedes initially offered about $28m (£17.5m) plus bonuses, upping it to about $31m (£19.4m) plus bonuses after McLaren raised their offer."

Of course, it is all conjecture and the Beeb haven't been on the ball in other areas recently! As no-one has denied it, the figures could be right.

Yet another set of numbers. I think I shall google "Lewis Hamilton contract" and use the output for this weeks lottery!

Seriously though, the fact that "plus bonuses" is included means that the final figure could still be anywhere.

I'm pretty sure that he didn't move for money and so his remuneration is a bit of an irrelevance to me. I know he earns a lot more than I do. I just hope that both parties can achieve their goals, of which they seem full focused and committed, and bring home some championships.

Back
Top Bottom