Current Sebastian Vettel

Lots of threads have alluded to having a discussion about the current world champion so lets get it all off our collective chests (oooeer!)

Lots has been has been written about this young man from his testing debut with BMW Sauber in 2006 aged just 19 - he then progressed to the the toro rosso team for his first full race season in 2008 - the memorable race being his drive in the wet at Fuji where he managed to rear end his future team mate Mark Webber who said ""It's kids isn't it... kids with not enough experience – they do a good job and then they :censored: **** it all up." - Little was Mark to know he would be paired with the "Kid" just 2 years later.

His maiden win came at the 2008 Italian GP where he qualified up from, the race started under the safety car in the rain and the young German led from start to finish in the Toro Rosso - becoming the youngest winner of a grand prix ever.

Then we enter the era of the Red Bull. In 2009 he joined the Red Bull team, which got off to a torrid start as he managed to crash into Kubika in Australia, a feat he would go on to repeat during the 09 season.

Last year needs no mention........

So to the crux of the matter. Is Sebastian Vettel?

the real deal, the baby schumi, the new pretender - a genuine racer? - aka Wunderkind

or

A very quick driver, who lucked into a very fast car and can bang it on pole and lead from lights to flag and be the quickest pilot of a car, yet can't overtake for toffee? aka WunOrAother

035336-pn-image-sport-sebastian-vettel.jpg

Just watched the post qualifying interviews from Hamilton and Vettel, Hamilton warning that he wont ease off into the first corner so that would be interesting, also Vettel never fails to make his replies funnny, especially mentioning seeing Mansell in made taussads and that the only German in there is not so popular. His montage of interviews would be legendary in times to come, just read what he said after winning Indian GP.

http://www.formula1blog.com/2011/11/05/why-sebastian-vettel-should-be-your-investment-broker/

Like I said never a dull moment with Vettel, extremely disappointed he no longer has the opportunity to equal Schumacher's record, oh well maybe next year.

Well he may have dominated the wins but the races were far from boring, I remember last year post qualifying in Abu Dhabi when asked about his 10th pole, he remarked that someone showed him the list but he wasnt at the top so maybe we aim for that next year, could the same be said this year about wins?

As much as I like Vettel it would make for a very dull season if he were to dominate in 2012 in the same way he has in 2011. That said, I'd agree Foaad it hasn't been as dull as 1992 or 2004 which are probably the most comparable season in terms of one driver dominance.

that was a rubbish victory for Webber.. I was hoping he ends the season winless...I am no Vettel fan but really Webber should have been miles clear of Seb and was not really catching him until the call to move over

I read F1 magazine today with Maurice Hamilton interview with Gerhard Berger. His view on Vettel when he saw him at Toro Rosso he knew he had a special talent because Seb would be willing to interact with the team and ask questions etc. Berger thought Scott Speed was rubbish and thought he knew everything when he did not. He said Seb reminds him of Ayrton in some ways. The rest of the interview is about Berger and Senna as friends and teammates at Mclaren and all the pranks you 've read about. Also when Berger called it quits

One thing Berger did not understand is why BMW realised him:whistle::s

Back
Top Bottom