Schumacher Injured

:please::please::please: can we keep this thread to the OP. GeoffP 's hint was surely crystal clear (thanks Geoff).

Michael Schumacher is languishing in hospital with an enormous number of people across the planet hoping for good news. It is surely not a good reflection of us as members of Clip the Apex to be arguing the toss over whose media is better than whose.

May I ask, in the nicest possible way, that entries on this thread are confined to the OP, news from trustworthy sources (preferably confirmed by the hospital authorities and/or direct family) and respectful conversation.

Thanks

Best wishes and hopes to Michael.

Daily Mail (I know!!!) are reporting that MS is being put back under sedation. I hope this is not true (as always), but doesn't sound good...

Gary Hartstein has, as ever, suggested that if there is any good news to be had, then Sabine Kehm has been doing MSc's fans a dis-service.

Gary Hartstein explained in his updates that the process of managing Michael's return to consciousness would involve various changes in the level and types of sedation. Unless they have returned him to a deep state of sedation we shouldn't infer anything from that. What would concern me is if the sedation is required to enable continuation of full life support which would be unbearably painful without it. Hopefully, if we hear nothing from the family or hospital, Hartstein will at least give us his analysis of this news soon.

Keep fighting Schumi.

Last edited:
I worry about what will happen if Schumacher recovers enough to leave hospital and the media have been kept completely in the dark about the progression of his recovery. No doubt there would be a huge media scrum towards the hospital/to the Schumacher household to try and get interviews with, at best, a very confused Michael. Maybe this is destined to happen anyway but if the family had decided to be more open about his treatment (not that that is an easy thing to do) it could maybe be reduced.

It's only natural for fans (and as hard to admit it might seem , by extension for the media albeit for different reasons...) to want to be kept informed of developments but at the risk of stating the obvious, all types of brain injuries can take several months or years before the outcome as to his recovery prospects are known.
There really is no point in seeking updates every week or so. The situation might not even change at all for months because anything to do with brain injury is a very long and uncertain process...

Focus.de news magazine are claiming doctors have halted the awakening process. Unclear whether this means they have reintroduced the coma-inducing drugs, or they simply stopped whispering, "wakey-wakey" to him.

Although the Daily Mail are now saying that Sabine Kehm has now come out to say that they haven't stopped the waking up process.....
It widely is being interpreted as a denial but, in everything I can find alleging to quote Kehm, she does not directly address the Focus article, or its content, but only states MSC's condition is unverändert (unchanged). And considering it had been their habit not dignify rumours by addressing them, I find it highly suspicious that they broke protocol on this one. This is a non-denying denial with fishy timing.

Here we go again with another news "scoop" on MSC that is being non-denied elsewhere.

La Gazzetto dello Sport claim that while Kehms was attending the Geneva motor show (in the company of LDM), she said that Schumacher is out of danger, but still in serious condition, and breathing without assistance.

But at the same time, she once again has released the standard non-denial through other sources:
Michael is still in the wake up phase. The situation has not changed. Any medical information published which is not confirmed by the team of doctors treating Michael or his management has to be considered as not valid.

Might this mean MSC has been out of danger and breathing spontaneously for some time but Corinna simply didn't see fit to have that information released? ¿Quién sabe? But the more time that passes without news of signs of consciousness or spontaneous movement, the more I am inclined to believe the doctors long have known the worst of it and simply are refusing to compel Corinna to face the facts.

With the lack of information my only conclusion is to fear the worst. But this is the way they wish to manage the flow of information and that's totally the family's choice.

News just released on CNN suggest things are far more serious than reports we are hearing suggest. Doctors close to the family are saying things are very very bleak and only a miracle can save him. Very sad news.

Please note, I wouldn't have posted this if I didn't trust CNN. They rarely go to air unless they are very sure their sources can be trusted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom