Qualifying restructured

No one said Bernie was a genius, there is no doubt that he has a very astute mind when money is to be made, read a few of the books on him, as far as I know non of the authors or publishers have been sued

Bernie is a ruthless businessman and is responsible for F1 being a global sport but he has made a lot of enemies along the way

I don't doubt that it is just a sad state of affairs that one of his last legacies is to take F1 away from terrestrial TV probably permanently

I heard a rumour that Jean Todt is a strong contender for the lead role in an upcoming remake of an old classic...

man-who-wasnt-there-blu-ray-movie-title-large.jpg

I've said it before but I'll say it again: Award points for Qualifying position then For the first race of the season, Quali and the race take place as it normally does, with your race starting position determined by Qualifying. But for every race after that, your starting position is inverse of your season points. Example: You qualify on Pole and win first race, so you start the next race dead last because you have the most points. We run our kart league that way so the track rats who practice all the time don't totally dominate the newbs, and it works amazingly well.

We could take that even further. Let the drivers be further forward if they have fewer points, e.g. a driver with 2 points is twenty yards in front over a driver with 4 points and thirty yards in front of a driver with 5 points; or maybe we should do it by laps instead of yards.:no:

Qualifying in Bahrain will be in a format to be announced two hours after Q3 has finished. It could be a knockout system, a forward or reverse grid or even one based on the laps each driver does (most, least or the overall average).

To make it more exciting the drivers who are knocked out in Q1 and Q2 will be able to drive in Q3 as well, this is to build up the tension before the final declaration; this will take place in a room where the press, the public and the drivers will be excluded.

When the drivers arrive at the grid immediately before the race they will take up a position which they think that they will hold; those in the wrong grid positions will have a time penalty, the length of this for each driver will be supplied by Camelot after the race.

Don't think I'll be bothered to watch any of this shiite again. If the FOM want to stick their heads in the sand and employ the one shiite rule after the other and do like their hands are tight to undo it, I couldn't be arsed.

I'm very concerned, I think I have a serious problem. I think I write articles for "sniff petrol", which I can't remember doing. Either that or one of their reporters has been snooping round my house and mind reading.

:D

the petty politics is destroying the enjoyment of Formula One between Bernie, the teams and WMSC

I am surprised no one has had the balls to call out Jean Todt and demand he resigns for his lack of leadership

I am genuinely at the point that I feel that Motorsport would be vastly improved generally if the teams were to pack up their toys as a union and set up a new series..: however, they all have binding contracts with Bernie!

Maybe one of those team principals would seek to replace Bernie once he retires or dies !

Trouble is replacing Bernie you would get another person who would have his own interest and not necessarily speak for all the teams

Also if you get the teams to set up their own series with manufacturers they will be happy to run the show but then quit if they aint winning like what happened with the old DTM

ATL11

Yep - all the teams had unanimously agreed that they would revert to the 2015 style qualifying.

!

----------------------------------------

They hadn't. If I remember correctly when the original decision was taken to revert to the previous qualifying format Toto Wolf's actual words to the press were "We now have to obtain unanimous agreement amongst our members (before implementing the change for Barhain) but I EXPECT THAT TO BE A FORMALITY".

It obviously wasn't... Force India's Bob Fearnley and Williams' s Pat Symonds insisted on giving the new format a reprieve.

The teams run at a loss, if the sponsors aren't there then somehow the team is supported by other means, manufactures the parent company, Williams other interests and some very rich owners with other interests. These teams can all shut down and be resurrected like a phoenix company and join a new series, nothing anyone could do about it. One has to understand that Bernie's power came from the team owners failing to set up an organising body to administer the money side of the sport owned by themselves, in other words, they should have employed Bernie not paid him to run the organisation for his profit

Dartman Correct because when Bernie first came to prominence as a shrewd political player there was war between the manufacturers and private teams and that has not changed since then

Even if the teams formed their own breakaway series they will all still be at loggerheads with each other and can't agree on everything

If anything only the manufactures would leave the current F1 for a bigger slice of the TV money but the private teams would stay

So it turns out that it was the Captain of the F1tanic who sank plans to drop the knockout format and revert to the previous method because 'he didn't want to be dictated to by the teams'

The plan to revert to the 2015 format of three knock-out sessions in which all eligible cars run to the end was derailed by Jean Todt, president of governing body the FIA.

Sources say he was not prepared to be dictated to by the teams, so he did not present that option when the decision to change was put to a vote of the F1 Commission, which includes all teams, the FIA, F1 commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone and representatives of the circuits, sponsors and tyre suppliers.

Instead, Todt offered the choice of a slightly amended elimination format - with the first two sessions slightly extended and only the third session running as 2015 - or to stick with the new rules

"Captain Sir, Iceberg dead ahead !!!"

"I don't care if you are pointing at it, shouting, screaming and waving a big sign saying '****ing big iceberg', I will not slow down or turn around. Besides, Mr Ecclestone has told me everything will be fine"

>:(

So after years of being absolutely nowhere and just poking new rules at the teams and letting them completely rewrite them it's THIS Todt decides to make stand on? Good God.

I want a strong FIA that sets the rules and tells the teams to lump it but I also want an FIA who are not incredibly stupid.

Back
Top Bottom