Pirelli 2013 F1 tyre range

What will be the punishment for a team whose driver is too slow on his in lap causing him to be a second over the 30 minutes? The idea of having parts which can only be used for part of a session is totally and utterly ridiculous.

After today's qualifying I'm changing my mind about the one-tyre situation. Lotus and Ferrari's title hopes are being struck down because they designed a car well suited to the high tyre wear, that Pirelli are so embarrased about.

Red Bull finished 1-2 in the second race of the season before Pirelli had any time to think about changing the compounds they were bringing to races etc. On current evidence I'd argue that the Red Bull is the better car and makes better use of the tyres in a wider range of conditions. It's not just about having a car that can cope at circuits with high degradation, it needs to work with medium/low degradation too.

Well Pirelli don't want to admit that they are doing it on safety grounds do they, which is the only way the FIA will sanction it? Hembery is full of shit and quick to deflect blame.

4 punctures in one race and a slow puncture for Hulkenberg is not exactly going to improve Pirelli's image

BBC...Gary Anderson just showing the problem with the kerbs...showing a ridge that probably caused the tyre failure problem.....

I tell you one thing: I will never buy a Pirelli tire.

Just bought a new set of Michelin Pilot Supersports on Friday in fact.

Still not in the anti-Pirelli camp on this at all.
They have followed through with the mandate they were given by the FIA for the type of tyres wanted.

This mandate was given by the FIA based upon research into what we, the F1 fans, wanted to see on Sunday afternoons.

Now, it may be that the FIA asked the wrong fans, or the wrong questions ..... or, more likely, both.

Regardless, we have what we (or our representatives) asked for ....
..... which just proves the old rule - Sell the customer what you have, not what he thinks he wants to buy!

Back
Top Bottom