New Driver and Team Penalties

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Many of you will know that I am a bit grumpy about the state of modern F1. I was particular naffed off with Zhou Guanyu's rather feeble attempt to drive a car in the wet at the Dutch GP, and then Logan Sargeant's insane drive back to the pits in Singapore throwing bits of CF all over the track. So here are a few suggestions for the powers that be in F1 motor racing on some new penalties for the drivers and teams which the stewards can adjudicate on:
  • Causing a virtual safety car period - 30 seconds time penalty
  • Casing a full safety car period - 1 minute time penalty
  • Causing a race to be red flagged - one race suspension
  • Pretending to bring a car in for a tyre stop by sending the pit crew out - 10 second penalty
  • Calling for another driver to be investigated for "pushing you off" which if not upheld - 5 second time penalty
  • Calling for another driver to be investigated for "weaving" when being overtaken, which if not upheld - 5 second time penalty
I'm sure you can all come up with some others. I did consider a two place grid drop for the guest of a team not interacting with Martin Brundle on his grid walk, but that might be going too far.

Causing a race to be red flagged - one race suspension

So when the bolt fell off the back of Button's car and hit Massa in the face, would the suspension be for Button or Massa?

What about a spectator throwing something at a car causing a crash?

A mandatory pit stop if a driver sets his fastest lap of the race withn five laps of complaining on the radio that the set of tyres they have on has no grip.

Brogan In the same way the stewards decide if a driver has "caused a collision" they can decide if a driver has caused a red flag.

To make any of the suggestions work new rules will have to be written, the FIA are not very good at writing rules that are not ambiguous and subject to interpretation, so best leave it as it is, the FIA are not very good with the present rules and penalties and imposing penalties.

I'm sure you can all come up with some others. I did consider a two place grid drop for the guest of a team not interacting with Martin Brundle on his grid walk, but that might be going too far.
recently someone was talking about cardi B. i realised i disliked her but couldn't understand why because i never come across her. in media or her music

then it hit me, how badly she treated martin brundle, explains why i took pleasure in venus williams getting hammered in the tennis 😄

Back
Top Bottom