Poll Out of ten - 2014 Singapore GP

Well, what did you think? 1 is crap and 10 is brilliant.

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 4 8.7%

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 7 15.2%

Votes: 15 32.6%

Votes: 12 26.1%

Votes: 3 6.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In 2012 Vergne finished 6 points ahead of Ricciardo, having had four retirements to Daniel's one.

In 2013 he finished 7 points behind Ricciardo, while having five retirements to Daniel's three. In the races where they both finished, Vergne finished ahead almost as many times as Ricciardo did. In the end it was quite a finely balanced decision as to which one got the Red Bull seat.

So far this season Vergne has more than double the points of his teammate and has already had five retirements, with Kvyat on four.

Not good. Sorry, but for me it was a 2.

Mainly because I think it has ruined the championship run in - not made it as some have said. I think Lewis would still have won the WDC without Nico's DNF, but it would have been much more exciting to see that gap narrow 7 points at a time. I don't care that luck has evened itself out. No fun now.

Oh yes, and I watched in on NBC SN, complete with about a million adverts.

With the way this season has gone, and with Abu Dhouble to consider, I don't see how you could possibly say that it's done and dusted.
Remember, some people were expressing a similar view after the Spanish GP.

Like I said, I would have preferred to see the gap close 7 points each race. I just can't see Nico having more than a 10-15% chance now and only that because Lewis may have a big DNF. All things being equal, Lewis will arrive at Abu Dhouble with a 30 odd point lead.

Fair, maybe. But no fun.

You are right Chad Stewarthill , but you are also agreeing with me in what you've said. It will take Lewis having a DNF to equalise their respective chances. What I'm adding is that if we had a winner takes all finale, it would be much more exciting.

Before I get jumped on by people reminding me that Lewis has already had his fair share of DNFs, I'm not talking about who deserves the title, I'm talking about what would make watching it unravel most fun!

What I'm saying Hamberg is that for some people seeing two drivers in a dominant car running away with the title is no different than seeing one driver in a dominant car running away with the title and that this year is no different from what we have had in the previous four years and what I would like to see is drivers from several teams competing for the title and not a driver or drivers from just one team.

Seeing a silver car piss off down the road is no different than seeing a purple car piss off down the road regardless of the driver.

That's my opinion and you trying to bait me with Button nonsense isn't going to change it.

I'm not trying to bait you meph but most of the past decade has been one dominant car hasn't it?

And I'd argue very much it's no different than we've seen in the previous five years, not four...

Seeing a silver car piss off down the road is no different than seeing a purple car piss off down the road regardless of the driver.

Seeing two piss off up the road is different to seeing the animal health conference of 2013 - Vet Vet Vet Vet Vet Vet Vet Vet Vet.

At least there's some variation and interest since one title is undecided.

Even if you don't care, you have to admit it's better than a battle of one in which there is nothing to deny caring about.

teabagyokel There has been very little in actual battles between the pair it has been down to mostly bad luck or some kind of technical glitch for one driver or the other that has decided the outcome of the races, every race someone posts something like, at last we are going to get a proper race between them and every race it just doesn't happen and now there are only five races left and all we can look forward to are some bloody stupid conspiracy theories as to why one or the other driver doesn't win...

Yeah a right laugh.

Edit.

The only way I can enjoy watching the racing is to ignore what is going on out front just like I have done for the last four years there is no difference in that respect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom